Girl Meets Smackle

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand debate." Riley told Maya and I. "I say you do." Maya said. I giggled. "Okay." Riley said. "I like debate. Exploring two sides of the same thing. Good and bad, light and dark, right in front of you at the same time. Where else are you gonna get that?" Lucas said. I looked at Maya and Riley to see Riley smiling happily, and Maya frowning. "Oh, look. Right here." I said. "Look at you." Lucas added.

"And now from Einstein academy, "undefeated this season. She is who your mama wishes she gave birth to!" The one, the only Smackle!" Cory announced. Rock music began to play as Smackle crashed through Einstein academy's logo. She began to do a sad little dance. The music stopped as she walked up to Farkle. 

"You goin' down, chump." Smackle said. I rolled my eyes. Smackle turned to us. "Wearing a uniform makes you surrender to conformity and sacrifices uniqueness, which is our most valuable freedom. Don't let anybody tell you what to wear. Don't let anybody tell you what to be. Smackle, the one and only, out." Smackle said, walking to her seat.

"Well, before I announce the winner, let me remind you all that our final debate of the season will be held right here next week, where our thought-provoking topic will be "is beauty only skin deep?"" Cory said, "Great, thank you. So the winner of today's debate is-" Cory started, as Farkle stood up. Cory pushed him back down. "Isadora Smackle, Einstein academy." Cory announced. 

"It looks like our debate team could use some help." Lucas said. "Yeah, Smackle's definitely got game."  Maya said. I nodded. "She beats Farkle every time." Riley said. "You think he's gotten used to it by now?" I asked. We turned to Farkle. And he was lying on the ground, groaning as people walked past him. "It hurts." Farkle said through his groans. "Nope. Good thing we're there for him." I said, as Maya, Riley, and I stood up. "Being there for him is the most important thing we can be-" Maya started, but paused. "Melon balls." Maya said, pointing to some which were on a table. "Ooh." Riley said. The two walked to the melon balls. I was to but was stopped by Lucas.

"What do you want Ranger Rick?" I asked. "Well. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to try out for debate club with me?" Lucas replied, in a questionable way. "I told you once. So I'll tell you again. I don't like you! And also. Debates are not my thing," I told him. "Come on, Dylan. I've read your writing. And if you say things as well as you right them, then you might actually help the team. Please?" Lucas told me. I sighed. "Fine. I'll join debate club. Tomorrow. But if my coolness goes down because of this, it was all your fault," I told him. He nodded, and walked off. I walked to the melon balls and began eating some with my friends.

A few moments later Riley walked back to Farkle and Isadora. After Maya and I fueled up with melon balls we walked back to Riley to see her having an awkward hug with Smackle. "Oh, no! We already have a weird friend." Maya and I said through mouths full of melon balls. "They mean me." Riley told Smackle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do Dylan and I have to be a part of your campaign to befriend every little woodland creature?" Maya asked. We were in Riley's bedroom window with Smackle. "Which woodland creature am I in the minds of you two?" Smackle asked. I looked at her up and down. "You're like a little Gopher. Chipmunk combo deal." I said.

"Maya, Dylan, Smackle needs our help." Riley told us. "Yes. I need you to teach me the equation for beauty." Smackle said. "Why?" I asked, confused. "Smackle loves Farkle." Riley told us. My eyes widened. "Why?" Maya asked. "But he prefers you three to me because you're all aesthetically pleasing. I, on the other hand, am less aesthetically pleasing, but am superior in every other area." Smackle said. "Yeah. The ending was a little offensive," I told her. 

"Okay, so you want us to make you beautiful?" Maya asked. "Yes, but I don't expect you to be able to change a trillion years of evolution in five seconds." Smackle told us. I smirked. "Let me know when it's four seconds." Riley told her. "Go!" Maya shouted. The three of us jumped up and began our little make-over.