Chapter 35: Vials and Vases

Začať od začiatku

"We could've just walked on the water the entire time?!" MK yelled.

'There it is.' you thought with a smug look. One that received a glare from MK in return. As if dealing with Tang wasn't enough for the poor monkey.

"Ohhh, Shuilian cave!" The scholar awed, before continuing his info-dumping. "That's the name of the Monkey King's cave!-"

"Yeah! I know!" MK screeched, absolutely done with Tang's know-it-all attitude. Said scholar went ahead to try activating the seal on the rushing water...only for the sparks to send him flying back. You flinched back in time to not get hit by the incoming man, but MK was not as lucky. The both of them splashed into the stream, with MK having to puke out water and fish as he stood up.

"Ah yes, I thought that might happen." Tang mused, as if a frog didn't jump off his head. MK was close to exploding, groaning from Tang's actions. All the while you awkwardly stood there, drying the two with your powers by turning the absorbed water into vapor.

"Only the Monkey King can go through the magical barrier! But also me." MK tapped his fingers together with a hint of bragging. "Because I'm the Monkie Kid!"

He then walked until he was face to face with his own reflection, then pressed his palm into the curtain of water. A golden seal illuminated in response, this time causing the curtain to open up as if to show off its majesty.

Both Tang and MK went in first, expecting you to follow suit. You were just about to do that, but heard another rustle in the trees. You turned around, observing the flora around you for anything suspicious...Only to come to nothing.

You gave one final glance to the towering leaves before catching up to the other two.

You've only heard bits and pieces of the first part of the conversation, only hearing more as you approached MK and Tang. Bits and pieces about the dumpling being filled with soup, and needing to rely on something else.

"And a vase is gonna help, how?" MK questioned, peaking your interest at the mention of the artifact? We're using that? Okay, whatever makes your job easier. 

"Legends say Monkey King sought help from Guanyin to defeat a demon I don't remember the name of..." Tang explained, in his usual narrator voice of course. "She used the vase that contained pure water. Enough to flood a whole mountain range-"

"Wait wait wait!" You interrupted quickly, breaking the immersion of Tang's storytelling. "That's why you brought me here?! I dunno what to tell ya, comrade, but I can't control that much water!" You extended your hands in exaggeration. "That is way above my paygrade!"

"But didn't you make those huge water chains on DBK?!" MK reminded you, distinctively remembering the first time you used your water powers from the news reports. "You made the whole beach go crazy!"

"That was when I didn't know how to pacify a shard!" You yelled back in panic. "And that's nothing compared to what? Enough water to flood a mountain range?!"

"Still, not bringing you with us wouldn't be smart." Tang then adjusted his glasses. "With you here, we'll still be able to have some control over the vase. Thankfully I was reminded to bring you when Gibby was asking about your whereabouts."

Well, you definitely had to give it to her. Gibby's getting better at her game. Subtle enough to hint about bringing you, so you could get your hands on the vase.

You still felt bad for Mei though.

"It seems logical that we should use that to suck up the soup, and save the world from third-degree burns." Tang finished, letting MK absorb all of the new knowledge.