Mother's Feelings

Start from the beginning

Yudhisthir comes and takes my hand and makes me sit down. 
"Stay as long as you wish." I tell Durodhaan and wonder if Karna is also still here.

"Putri, there is something I must tell you." Vyas says. "You want to go back, which we understand but you are married to this clan now. You cannot go back to your father's clan or marry another clan. You are not just Pandav's wife. You are no longer of Panchal, or Maharaj Drupad's responsibility. You are Hastinapur's pride, responsibility, Kuruvansh's daughter-in-law. That cannot be undone. You have to stay married in this clan for yourself and for them. You take your time and accept one of them as your husband."

Vyas gets up and takes his leave. "I cannot stay here longer, I have other things I must take care of." Kakashree Vidur gets up to see him off and Nakul joins.

"We will also leave in 2 days. Putra Yudhisthir, don't forget Hastinapur is still yours and always maintain a friendly relation with Hastinapur even after my death." Jyesth Pitashree says. Duryodhaan scoff and walks away. "I will check out the city."

"Matashree, are you fine? Why do you look pale?" Shahdev ask Matashree.

"I am fine. Draupadi, can you walk me to my room?" Matashree looks at me.

When we reach her chamber she sits me down, "I have always been hard on you, haven't I?" 
"No, matashree. I am sorry I couldn't be the daughter-in-law you want." I say.

"Don't mock me, putri. I am already very hurt. Not by you or anyone but by my past actions."
I listen silently, I know she's talking about Karna. She continues, "It always felt wrong, that you are here with my sons, clearly when you wish you were in Anga. That is also a reason I didn't ask my sons to do their duty towards you, to make you a mother. And another reason is Karna, I always wonder how he must be doing all these times. In the Rajasuya Yagna, I looked at him, missing my son, but he was just trying not to look at you."

I can't help but cry at her words. I resented her, I didn't want to talk to her all these times but she actually knew where my heart lies and she is crying with me. 

"Putri, I am here to tell you that I want to make up to you two. I will confess everything and since he is also my son he is still my late husband Pandu's son. So you can be with him." 

That was not what I expected. "That would not be possible. No one will agree. And.."

She cuts me off, "I already talked to Rishivar Vyas, he says its not wrong. Tatshree knows, Krishna knows. I know it will be not right towards my other sons but you two have suffered enough because of me. And if you wish, I will tell him to be with you and all my blessings will be with you two. You just say your wish."

The past two year I was never happy. I was not sad but I was not happy either. Everyday I wait for the sun to set. Every sun set I felt like he was with me. I still remember his touch, when he removed the hair on my face and held my chin. I wait for night everyday so that I can miss him and no one will disturb me. 

"Don't think about your husbands, they neglected you all this while, and I know the pain. My husband also neglected me, he was always with Madri. While I take care of our children and do my prayers, he would always take her out. We sacrifice enough for our husbands. I had no choice, but you have." Matashree hold my shoulder and tells me.

"Will he agree?" I ask. 
"Why wouldn't he?" She smiles at me, but cries.

"I had no hopes that it would be possible, I dare not even think about it, but I did wonder how he must be doing." I confess to my mother-in-law, a woman who I never new thinks about my well being.

She hugs me and cries more. "I also wonder everyday. Now I just want my whole family back. And you with him. I don't want my sons to suffer anymore. If I still care about my reputation more, they will face each other in a battlefield."

KARNA

I wanted to go back, but had to stay because of Duryodhaan. I want to know how Draupadi is doing also. I wait for Duryodhaan to comeback in the guest chamber, he will tell me how Draupadi is doing even if I don't ask and then I will convince him to go back. Or at least to let me go. I hear couple of footsteps but to my surprise its not Duryodhaan.

"Vasudev? Why are you here in my chamber? Is everything fine?" I stand up from my chair, hoping Draupadi is fine.

"Eveything is fine, bhrata Karn. I am just here to talk to my Jyesth bhrata." He smiles at me.
A little confuse but I smile back. 
"Have you start searching for your birth mother?" He ask.

"No, Vasudev. She must be fine, after all you told me she was from a royal family. But if you know can you tell me who she is?" I pled. Maa Radha is the best mother I believe, but every time I think about my birth mother, I become weak. I wonder if we have any similarities, I wonder if I look like her, I wonder if she is fine, I wonder if she remembers me, if she regrets abandoning me, if she loves me even a little bit like she loves her other children. 

"I can tell, if that's what you really want." He says.
"Does she want me to know about her?" I ask, doubting that she does.

"She obviously does. She is dying to meet you and ask for your forgiveness."

"Vasudev, if it really is like that, please tell me." I say.

"Your mother is also a mother of 5 great warrior like you." 

5 great warrior? I know only one such woman like that but that can't be true. She can't be my mother.

Krishna turns to me, "Yes, bhratashree. You are the first child of my bua Kunti. You are jyesth Pandav."

"That can't be right." A man doesn't cry in front of another man, they say. Those man must had never been told about their birth mother, who was there all these time, who just pretended to not know anything.

"Bhratashree, it is the truth." He says and start telling me about my birth.

"You can't tell me she was helpless all these time. She had many chances to right her wrongs, but she choose not to. Because of her lies, I grew up as sut-putra. My mother Radha gave me all her love, yet I still wonder if my birth mother is fine. Because if she were fine, she would come to look for me. Turns out she was right in front of me, showering her other sons with love and fighting for their rights, while they were making fun of me for being a sut-putra. Because of her, I hate my brothers and they hate me." I suddenly hate the woman I always thought was nice. 

"Your brothers doesn't even know about this yet. I came to tell you first because you are the eldest." Krishna says.

"And don't tell them ever. Please, I just want to get away from here fast. I never want to see them again.

"Why bhratashree? If they get to know, it will be for good. Otherwise you will face each other in a battlefield. If you accept them, Arjun will be your charioteer, bhratashree Yudhisthir and bheem will ride their chariot on your sides, Shahdev and Nakul follow behind you. Even me, bhratashree, I will be with you." Krishna says, tears in his eyes but he smile at the possibility.

I nod my head. "I can't do that to Duryodhaan. Only to get back the family who abandoned me, I can't abandon the family I gained. For me maa Radha and Duryodhaan is everything"

"You are a 'Kuntay', bhratashree. Your birth mother is dying to meet you. I have to go back to Dwarka but when she comes, please listen her out." He says. He heads for the door to leave but stops, he looks at something, or someone. I come forward to see what it is. 
Duryodhaan stands at the door, wearing white dhoti, tilak on his forehead, holding some prasad. He must have went to the river to take bath and got some prasad on his way back. He is here to share it with me. From his expression, I can tell he heard everything.

"Pranam, bhrata Duryodhaan." Krishna greet him and leaves.

I just stood there, not knowing what to say.

!!!

I HOPE I WON'T DISAPOINT ANYONE WITH THE CHARACTER'S PERFONALITY BEING DIFFERENT FROM THE OG MAHABHARAT. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING CUZ I HAVE SOME SCENES IN THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS.

ALSO SHOULD I INCLUDE ROMANTIC SCENES? NOT 18+ BUT YOU KNOW..  SOME PRIVATE SCENES I WANTED TO ADD BUT I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS ARE OKAY SO LEMME KNOW