A Bridge of Apologies

Start from the beginning

A smile plays on Ash's lips as we recline on the soft grass beneath the oak tree. He closes his eyes, allowing the cool breeze to wash over him, carrying away the weight of his doubts.

Meanwhile, I continue slurping on my ketchup, can't leave my favourite liquid unattended.

→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→

Third Person Pov:

The gentle afternoon breeze danced around the oak tree as Ash and Pikachu lay down, absorbing the tranquility of nature.

Meanwhile a Honey- blonde approaches near the oak tree, her both hands clenched near her heart, she seemed nervous, her gaze fell upon the resting duo.

Serena took a deep breath, summoning her inner courage to call out, "Ash...?"

Pikachu's ears perked up at the sound of her voice, turning to Serena with an excited face, he chimed, "Pipika?!"

Ash, startled by the unexpected encounter, went into panic mode. Nervousness replaced his calm expressions, and in a quick-thinking maneuver, he adopted the classic 'pretend to sleep' strategy, closing his eyes tightly as if trying to master the art of invisibility.

Pikachu, ever the enthusiastic Pokémon, hopped on Serena's shoulder, rubbing his cheeks with hers. He radiated pure joy at the reunion, showing that he missed her.

Although the same can't be said for Ash.

"Pikachu! It's good to see you. You look even cuter after evolving!" Serena exclaimed, holding Pikachu in her arms and sharing an affectionate head rub.

→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→

Ash's POV:

"Pikachu! It's good to see you. You look even cuter after evolving," Serena's voice echoed in my ear.

Pikachu really missed her, huh? I mean, she was like his second trainer, always listening to her, so it's obvious he would miss her.

Did I miss her, though? I don't know. I always thought about her, but the memories of both delightful and dreadful between us always mixed up. So I don't know.

I decided to continue my award-winning acting of remaining 'asleep,' but I can feel that my body is in an uncomfortable position.

I sense my breath stuck in my throat, my fingers twitching, my body stiff, and my hands clenched awkwardly lying on the ground. I must be looking like an idiot.

→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→→⁠_⁠→

Serena's POV:

Pikachu's still the lovable little energy ball. I missed him too.

After greeting Pikachu, he hopped back to the ground. As I turned to Ash, the previous nervousness took place.

I shook my head as I self-cheered myself.

C'mon Serena, you can do it.

But as soon as I glanced at him, I couldn't help but sweatdrop at the scene in front of me.

There laid Ash, attempting the world's most ambitious nap, shutting his eyes as if he's trying to evade reality with sheer willpower.

Sigh... He's still in peak 'ignore Serena' mode.

Pikachu, observing Ash's theatrical slumber, shot me an intrigued glance. I settled beside Pikachu, casting my gaze upon Ash, who persisted in his faux slumber.