She opened the door, and I'd forgotten how cute her apartment was. The kitchen was a greenish-gray and the tan countertops glistened under the light from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Her room was decorated in earthy tones with plants everywhere.

In her guest bedroom, which housed a bed and her music collection, I spotted her collection of Stray Kids albums next to her Ateez ones. I wondered if they also had a fan service they couldn't get out of.

"Are you worried about tomorrow?"

"Sort of," I told her.

"What does Felix even expect you to do? Just roll in there, say 'hello', and magically fix him?"

"I don't know," I confessed. "Maybe he expects Chan..."

She glared at me.

"...soul-sucking leech will apologize and fix things."

After all, if it had really been a way of protecting me, Holden was arrested. I'd be safe now.

"I'm glad they caught that dick. An attempted murder charge will keep him locked away for a while."

"Yea, I'm glad, too." I had been a bit disappointed that Chan hadn't reached out when the news broke of his arrest.

"Well, let's get ready," she cheered.

"Ready for what?" The concert wasn't until tomorrow.

"My best friend is in town for the weekend. We're going out."

"Like out, out?"

"Yes! Now come on!" she encouraged as she reached for my hand and pulled me off of the couch.

"I didn't bring any going out things. Just my concert outfit, cowboy boots, and comfy flight home clothes."

"You can borrow from me. Here," she said, handing me an orange and brown mini skirt and cropped top set from her closet.

"Wait, what color boots did you bring?" she asked.

"Black," I told her.

She took the set back and handed me a pair of frayed denim shorts and a black leather halter top instead.

I took them and changed. My tits were squished in the top, but the shorts were cute.

"Mana, this top is..."

"Perfect!" she interrupted. "Come on, let's go!" She had on the set she'd handed me earlier and pulled me to the elevator.

"Where are we going?"

"A bar down the street!" She said excitedly. I personally liked clubs more than bars.

"Don't worry, there's dancing," she added because she knew me so well.

I perked up, and we headed out into the Dallas heat. It was well into the 80s which was weird since it had been in the 50s in Boston.

The walk wasn't far, just a mere ten minutes, but I felt like I'd stepped into a pool with how humid it was today. My hair was frizzing and I felt thirsty. I definitely couldn't have lived here full-time.

"I'm going to go wash my hands," I told her once we got inside.

"I'll be at the bar ordering us something!"

I gave her a thumbs up and headed off in search of the bathroom. My hands felt sticky from the heat. I used the coldest water I could and felt much better once I was done. I touched up my makeup and reapplied my lip oil because my makeup was no match for the humidity and had already tried to sweat off. Once satisfied, I headed back out.