14 | remorse, kiss me

Start from the beginning

He didn't even have utensils either, whereas there was one spoon in the sink. He must have used the disposable plastic ones. You couldn't help but smile even more. You placed all the finisbed dishes on the drying wrack and cleaned down the sink before wringing the sponge out.

Ding!

Just in time.

You grabbed the plate of curry, and instantly, a wonderful smelling aroma hit your nose. You could smell the sharp smell of turmeric, the melting cardamom, the spice of kashmir. You grabbed your spoon and shut the door, walking to the television quietly. You glanced at the door.

Denji was still gone.
He wouldn't mind if you used his television, right?
Your eyes shifted to his movie stand. You brazenly shuffled towards it. He had an insane amount of Chainsaw Man movies-- yet his collection was small in comparison to Haruka's. Not only that, but it had an insane amount of Smile Chainsaw Man PreCure.

You could do for a little less Chainsaw Man today. But unfortunately, that didn't happen.

You sighed, running your index over the spines. Instantly, there was a title that caught your eye, "Chainsaw Man and Mary-Anne." It was an American movie, and the spine was written in English. You pulled it out, reading over the premise. "A story about Chainsaw Man being visited by the Dream Devil. A budding romance persists."

You gasped quietly, taking out the disc and inserting it in. Your mind wandered as you returned to your plate. Chainsaw Man falling in love with the Dream Devil... It was like Denji falling in love with you. Your heart littered at the idea, heat traveling beneath your skin.

You buried yourself into the delicious curry. Your eyes perked up when the movie finally began.

"Ah..." You heard a surprised gasp. The sound brought you from the movie's immersion. You turned to see Denji, his jaw dropped as he looked at you.

You slapped a hand over your mouth and stammered, "S-Sorry for touching the Television." You said.

He shook his head and sat beside you. "No. It's cool. It's nice." He looked at the television. "Chainsaw Man and Mary Anne? This was pretty good. Why choose one?" He asked.

"I thought the premise was cute." You said, covering your mouth when you spoke again. You were almost finisbed with your curry. "The curry is really good, Denji." You said.

"Awesome! (Y/n) likes it." He grins.

You giggled as you bit the last bite. "Let me put that up for you." He awkwardly took the plate from you.

"Ah. You don't..." Was all you could say aa he walked into the kitchen.

You were alone in his house now. He was now here with you, too. The tension felt thick in the air. You shifted quietly on your knees, too nervous to keep your eyes on the television.

"You washed the dishes? Thanks, (y/n)-(y/n)!" He gasped brightly.

"It's not a problem. It was the least I could do." You mumbled. You heard the sink water turn on. "You've got a lot of boxes, Ji." You said.

He made a funny noise. "Oh. That's my... uh... Old roommates stuff." His tone was quiet, stiff.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "You used to have a roommate? What was that like?" You asked.

He didn't say anything for a second, and the water shut off. "It was cool." Was all he said.

You pressed your lips together. He sat next to you again, his body near, his shoulders brushing yours. You looked into his eyes, and all you saw were droplets of remorse. If they weren't here anymore and he still had their stuff, it only really meant one thing.