Part 2: Will

Will POV:

As i begin cleaning up an empty room, readying it for someone else, i unexpectedly see Nico shadow travel into the room, stumbling heavily and beginning to fall over.

I rush up to him quickly catching him, before he could fall, completely forgetting i was holding a heavy vase.

"Kayla, I need help in here please!" i yell out, just as i hear Nico say my name, before he passes out. 

"yes Will- oh shit, is he dead?" Kayla asks with a straight face.

"NO! just help me!" i plead, struggling to keep Nico up. not because he was heavy, he's actually really light, i just needed help because i was also holding a vase filled with sunflowers, as well as holding Nico. 

Kayla grabs the vase out of my hands, so i can hold Nico with both of my arms. i notice the bed filled with dirty trays with cutlery and plates, from the last person in the room. (they were very messy)

"can you clear off the bed please?" i ask Kayla. 

"already on it" she replies, taking the trays off the bed. 

once she fully clears the bed, i place him down on it, immedietly starting a check up. i check his pulse first, and i become worried when i feel its very faint, then i pull up his shirt to see if he has any open wounds. i find a few ones open and some patched up. i take his temperature, and find it is concerningly high.

after i finish his check up, I write on his infirmary report, detailing every open wound he has, including the ones that were patched up, (because they were clearly not done properly) as well as writing his fever temperature. i fed him some ambrosia, and place a damp cloth on his head to help with the fever, as well as move the blanket up to his collarbone, because it was SO COLD in the infirmary right now.

while i'm waiting for him to wake up, i decide i want to go and have a shower, to let some of my built-up stress go. 

"kayla, do you have a patient right now?" i call out to her

"not right now, no" she quickly replies.

"can you watch Nico for me please. He's got a fever, and is unconscious and i need to go out for a shower, since today was meant to be my day off."

"yeah sure, is his file in there?" she asks

"yeah it is, though it's only a fever a few injuries, and over exhaustion from using his powers too much" i quickly reply

"all good. it's quiet right now, so take all the time you can get." she finishes, walking down to Nico's room, as i head out of the infirmary.

I take a long walk to cabin 7, to grab my clothes and towel, then i head towards the bathroom. It was a peaceful short walk, listening to the other campers. when I get to the bathrooms every shower stall is empty, so i quickly grab a shower stall and set my towel and clothes down. 

while i'm in the shower, i wash my greasy hair, because i've been doing constant shifts in the infirmary, so it was begging for a wash. i then wait a few minutes as i let the water pour down my back. After a while, i step out, turning the water off. 

i dry off, still thinking about Nico, even though it's meant to be my time off. After a minute of hyper-fixation on the wall because i'm so tired i can't focus, i pull on my pale yellow comfy jean cargo pants, and pull on a white v-neck vest shirt, and tuck it into the pants. i put a light grey 'Arctic Monkeys' hoodie over the top, because it's colder than usual in camp this winter, and the bright orange camp shirts and hoodies all year are not my personal vibes.

Usually the camp weather is nice and cool, maybe a bit windy, because we control the weather, but since a bunch of stupid first year campers wanted to do ice skating on the lake, the camp weather is really fucking cold. i hate it.

i'm more of a sunny guy, you know?

while i'm making my way back to cabin 7, i hear Jason running up to me. the reason i heard him was 1: he was yelling my name, and 2: he was breathing really heavily.

"WILL! WILL! WILLIAM!" jason gasps out, running towards me, very out of breath.

"what do you need?" i turned around, with a bitter smile.

i was annoyed, because i was tired and not up for nonsense today, and because of this, terribly horrible reason, my country accent slipped. i don't know why, but i find it embarrassing every time i use my country accent. i don't use it often, so when i do, it usually shocks me more than anyone else, because it feels a bit unnatural now.

"how is Nico?  we came back from the quest, and he looked terrible." Jason asked me, obviously still trying to gain his breath. 

"go ask him yourself." i turn around ready for a nap, until he interrupted that. 

"but Kayla said i can't go in, and said to come ask you." Jason looked at me confused.

"shiiiiiit." i sigh "he's got a bad fever, a strained pulse, and is currently unconscious from over exhaustion, like what i'm about to be if you make me stand here any fucking longer." i snap at him. i turn around and walk off yawning, then little spots cloud my vision. 

"sorry man, just got worried about him" i hear him mumble, then i hear him again. "wow Will, are you going to walk to your cabin? you like like you're going to pass out" he asks me, his voice laced with concern 

"i'm fine" i state clearly, but i can feel myself snapping slowly, and i become more and more dizzy. "on second thought, can you help me get to my cabin please?" i ask, feeling very exhausted. 

"yeah of course" i hear him say, before i completely black out.

"will?" i hear someone ask 

"Austin?"

"Will?" i hear again, but a smaller voice. 

"Billie?" i say again, then open my eyes, only to see Austin and Billie, standing by my bunk.

"what do you need lee lee?"

"Well, you've been asleep for a while, and i was a bit worried about you." she says in her tiny voice. 

i start internally panicking. 'what about Nico? have i missed any infirmary shifts?'

"don't worry you've only been asleep for half of the day, it's fine" Austin reassures me, after he sees the panic on my face.

"okay, that's fine" i say, regaining my thoughts 

Then someone crashes through the door. 

"my door!" i yell out "i painted that last week!"

"Will! its Nico!" I hear Kayla shout at me.

Next chapter! i'm aware that my stories aren't the best.

then again, a lot of the things i do aren't perfect, so i don't care.

Daily reminder to drink water, have decent meals, and take care of your self!

Happy reading! - Solar