5 : she drives me crazy

Start from the beginning

I used to live all alone in my mansion and I was used to it. I never got bored or felt this lonely before. But today, it was different. I felt so damn bored, lonely and empty.

I guess i really missed her.

What's happening to me? can't i really even go a single day without her?

She doing something to me! I was never like this. It's not even been properly a week that i married her and I already feel like I can't stay away her.

I'm going nuts. She driving me crazy.

" Rahil jij? Are you there? " Laila's voice from the phone broke my trance.

" Yeah... I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Actually, today was really hectic you know," Laila began.

"We were tirelessly tracking down a red car that nearly caused Ayezah to have an accident-"

The word 'accident' hit me like a jolt of electricity.

Interrupting her mid-sentence, I immediately shot up from the couch, my heart racing.

I let out a panicked yell, "WHAT? Ayezah had an accident?"

The mere thought of something happening to her sent a wave of suffocation through me, tightening my chest.

"No, relax, it's nothing serious," Laila reassured me, her voice coming through the phone. "I mean, she's fine-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I heard the distinct sound of the main door clicking shut, signaling someone's arrival.

"Laila, I'll end the call now. I think she's back! Thank you so much!" I hastily ended the call and hurried towards the main door, my heart pounding hard in my chest and breathing turning heavy.

I saw her walking in, and her eyes blinked with surprise as she noticed me standing there. "Hey?" she said, a slight smile forming on her lips.

Without hesitation, I moved towards her, gently gripping her both the elbows, I pulled her closer, her eyes widened slightly at my sudden action, and I could feel her gaze fixed on me, filled with surprise.

Frantically, I scanned her body, searching for any signs of injury, but thankfully, there were none. As I did so, a wave of relief washed over me, causing my breathing to become normal.

"Rahil, what are you-" she began to ask, but before she could finish, I instinctively held her head in my hand and pressed it against my chest, holding her close to my heart, trying to calm my racing heartbeats.

She's fine.

The moment Laila mentioned the word 'accident', at that very second, flood of terrifying thoughts overwhelmed my mind.

I don't know, It's just so suffocating to even imagine anything happening to her. I just can't bear it.

I held her close to me tightly for a few seconds, My palm remained on her head, while my other arm encircled around her shoulders firmly and I could sense her stillness and frozen state.

I pulled back immediately, realizing what I was doing. My heart raced as she blinked at me, and I looked anywhere but her, avoiding eye contact.