Love Language

Physical touch had always been hard for George. He didn't grow up in a family that hugged a lot or gave shoulder pats of encouragement. He usually stuck to words of affirmation which was common in his childhood no-touch household.

George always thought words were the best way to express your love and affection. Throughout his life, he'd given and received compliments that made his heart soar with happiness. He thought there was nothing better.

Until Clay came along.

Clay's love language was 100% physical touch. Hugs, handshakes, holding hands. All of it. At first, Clay had trouble understanding George's discomfort with physical touch. In Clay's eyes, those little touches were how he showed his love and George rejecting them was like George rejecting him.

Another thing Clay couldn't seem to grasp was why George complimented him out of the blue. George would call him pretty or hot on a random Tuesday at 4:37 pm and not bat an eye. It made Clay's cheeks burn scarlet with embarrassment. Clay was not used to the affirmations. Words weren't big for him, after all actions speak louder.

As the months dragged on and they spent more time with each other, Clay learned more about George's custom of expressing his love through words. He even started to pick up the habit of giving unwarranted compliments at any hour of the day. George also started to warm up to the constant cuddling that Clay insisted was mandatory. As George grew more comfortable, he started to see how touch could offer a whole different array of expression that words weren't fully capable of.

Their understanding of each other's preferences and the incorporation of those wants and needs made the bond of love between them even stronger. In the end, George and Clay showed their love for each other in every way possible. Cuddles and compliments included.

~~312~~

Very short one today! Simple and a little bad :>
Thanks for reading <3