-Chapter 6

This is something new

Hakguk's POV

      Waking up the first feeling that washes over my body is pure excitement. Must make the most out of what you are given in this life. Looking around I notice my family is still asleep, I guess that flight really wore them down. As for me, well I have always been an early riser, well ever since I became Na'vi anyway. As a human I just always wanted to sleep, but that is what polluted air does to a body not even half the size of my own now. I stood up and walked outside our pod to scope out the scenery. To my utter shock the only Na'vi awake were myself and what I can only assume is a hunting party. The sun still wasn't all the way out, I think I woke up at least an hour or so early. 

    Being the curious Na'vi I am I decided to go and see what they were really up to. Who knows maybe I can tag a long to fish and contribute to the clan. I go into my pod and grab my bow, bending down I kiss my children and Tsu'tey. Soon I head off to the group of men who seem to be gearing up to go and hunt. As I approach I see them slowly stop what they are doing and glance at me with curiosity. One in particular seemed to glance a bit too hard if you know what I mean, but I paid that individual no mind.

"Hello my name is Hakguk I was wondering if I could join you all on your hunt, I was quite an expert fisherman back in the forest."

They glanced at one another and communicated in hushed tones, after a few moments they nodded and one of them pointed to where my Ikran was laying.

"We use Skimwings and Ilu to hunt, but as we are about to leave we suggest you take your Ikran."

I notice the nets and weapons they carry on these glorious winged marine animals and  I find myself slowly nodding. I glance over at Ka'tir and call her over with a few chirps. She wakes up and flies over to me, she lands near the hunters and I make them look away. After I saddle her up a few men hand me nets to load up on my Ikran to make the hunting this morning easier. Once we finished one hunter came up to me and smiled. In fact it was the same one that was staring at my for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"Hello my name is Eetu, I wanted to let you know that we are going over the reef. When I give you the signal drop the net over to me okay. I promise I will catch it."

I mounted my Ikran and nodded down to him, he was actually a bit handsome. Tall with broad shoulders, tattoos littered his back and his chest, some crawled up to his neck but never went past that. His hair was long and silky with a few braids here and there. But overall he seemed friendly and with good intentions so I listened to his every word. Maybe the creep vibes he was giving off was my imagination.

He walked away, but as soon as he got onto his Skimwing he looked back and winked, a light blush coated his cheeks. Aishhhh, maybe I was right...he is kind of a creep.

I shook my head and rid myself of those thoughts as they quickly took off, I grinned and put my headgear, letting out a small war cry Ka'tir takes off in pursuit of the hunting party. As I looked back the village remained peaceful and the waves crashed on the shore gently. But over the reef was most definitely going to be a different beast to handle. As beautiful as she may be, the ocean can be quite deadly. 

Tsu'tey's POV

I woke up feeling the breeze hit my side, I felt like something was missing almost immediately. I shot up and looked around the pod, my children were peacefully sleeping next to each other but my love was nowhere to be found. Getting up I noticed the sun was barely peeking up over the horizon. I walked out the pod and glanced around but Hakguk was nowhere in sight. Some Na'vi were making their way out into the open to start the day. I grew increasingly worried until I heard a familiar roar. Looking towards the shore I saw a group of hunters riding in with what looks like a successful hunt and landing nearby was Hakguk with a spear full of fish. He had the brightest smile on his face. 

He always made me feel weak in the knees, especially when he smiled. I am glad he is enjoying his time. Making my way over I noticed one hunter in particular looking over at Hakguk with a wide grin on his face. I thought no more on the matter until I got closer and realized that this Na'vi was blushing!? Clearing my throat I saw Hakguk smile at me and beckon me closer to his side. I walked up to him and he flung himself off of Ka'tir and into my open arms. I inhaled his scent and melted into the hug as soon as he landed in my embrace. He still smelled like the forest back home. Especially that distinct smell of the forest after it storms. He truly is my home, I do not think I could live without him even if I tried. 

"Look Ma Tsu'tey! I went hunting and caught a plentiful bounty!" 

He showed me his spear with so much enthusiasm it even made me excited for him.

"He truly is a wonderful fisherman, hopefully he can join us every morning."

I glanced over at the hunter who was looking at Hakguk, I held back scoff as I pulled Hakguk closer to me. This random fish man ruined my enthusiasm for a split second, but nonetheless I quickly composed myself for Hakguk's sake.

"Hm I see, well I shall join tomorrow as well if you don't mind."

The hunter's face soured a bit but before he could get a word in another hunter from the party spoke up.

"That would be wonderful, more men means more bounty!"

They all cheered and hauled the food into the village while Hakguk followed after them. Before he left he planted a kiss on my nose then he took off. He was always happy to help around even if the tasks he did were not for him to do.

"My name is Eetu by the way."

I walked over to Ka'tir and pulled her saddle off, allowing her to rest. 

"Okay."

I did not need to be friendly, after all it isn't my job to make friends. I just cannot see myself kissing ass to these people. Unlike Jake Sully, but his kids are a bit more rambunctious so I understand why he might need to kiss ass. 

"And you are Tsu'tey yes?"

I rolled my eyes and began to walk off, I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at this Eetu hunter. 

"Leader of the Omatikaya and mate of Hakguk who is Tsahik...yes I am Tsu'tey."

He glared at me for a split second but I paid no mind as I walked off. I knew I got under his skin and that is how I like it. He may have been flirting with Hakguk or maybe he was not but I was not going to allow him the chance to start. I have come too far in life to have conflicts with some immature baboon. However I cannot say I blame him; I glance over at Hakguk who is happily gutting some fish with some women. His smile ever so infectious, the way he stood so sure of himself.

I cannot blame the poor hunter for trying to get close to Hakguk, he is quite a catch but fortunately for me, he is and will always be all mine.