Chapter 2

Newt, Sophie, and Jacob apparate into a narrow stairwell leading to the banks vaults, suddenly past the tellers and the security guards. Newt gently takes the egg back from jacob as it hatches revealing a small, blue, snake-like bird. An occamy.

"*c'est beau Newt" Sophie whispers in awe of the small creature in his hands. Newt, his face full of wonder looks to her and smiles shyly.

"excuse me..." Jacob, very confused looks back up the stairs toward the main bank atrium. "I was over there. I was - over there?" on seeing Bingley approaching, he ducks down the stairs and out of sight.

Newt crouches down, opening his case he carefully places the hatched occamy inside whispering tenderly. "in you hop..."

"hello?" jacob calls

"No. everyone settle down- stay. Dougal don't make me come in there..." Newt continues to talk into his case.

Sophie looked away from Newt and sees the niffler squeezing itself through locked doors, into the central vault.

"* absolument pas! " Sophie shouts. She points her wand at the vault. "alohomora"

The locks and cogs of the vault begin to turn, and Bingley comes around the corner just as the vault door starts to swing open.

"Oh, so you're gonna STEAL the money, huh?" he shouts at Jacob. Bingley hits a button on the wall, and an alarm sounds.

"petrificus totalus!" says Newt aiming his wand at Bingley. He stiffens suddenly and falls to the floor flat on his back.

"Mr.Bingley!" Says jacob eyes wide and in complete shock of what he is witnessing.

"...Kowalski!" mumbles Bingley in his paralyzed state.

Inside the vault, Sophie managed to get ahold of the niffler and was cradling it in her arms. She affectionately rubs its small head as it cuddles into her arms. Newt hurries inside.

"Really?" he sighs and gently grabs the niffler from Sophie's arms. He turns it upside down and begins to shake it. An extraordinary, and seemingly endless amount of precious objects fall out and loudly clatter onto the ground. Sophie laughs quietly at the sight while Jacob continued to look around in disbelief, almost queasy with fear. Newt grins affectionately while he tickles the nifflers stomach, causing more treasure to pour out. The trio suddenly hears footsteps on the stairs as several armed guards run down and into the vault corridor.

"Oh no....no... Don't shoot. Don't shoot!" panics Jacob.

Newt offers his arm to Sophie with a shy smile, she gladly loops her arm around his. He quickly seizes Jacob, and the three of them plus the niffler and case dissaparate.

*c'est beau is french for its beautiful
*absolument pas is french for absolutely not