"Thank you." She uttered quietly, still only beginning to eat after the couple had began. A comfortable silence settled over the table, the two women seeming to be overly smiley at the teen as her anxiety practically radiated off her in visible waves. The truth was she hadn't been to school for a little while, her last set of foster parents hadn't thought it mattered and would just kick her out of their house - as they desired, leaving her to her own devices on the street, no matter the time.

After breakfast was finished or Fynleigh had ate as much as she could, 3/4 but at least she was eating something and as Maya put the dishes in the sink she caught the time on her watch.

"Oh shoot, we need to get going to beat the traffic."

The sentence that sent the teen spiralling even further as she reluctantly pulled on her shoes, following Maya to her car and fighting to urge to run far, far away. It seemed stupid to still carry an attachment to to the worn down, once shiny white - now more of a muddy colour converse, scuffed and worn down over time but familiar. Many shoes sat in her wardrobe due to Carina's clear joy of shoe shopping during their previous shopping trip for the teen but they remained untouched, not feeling comfortable enough to engage with them.

It was always hard starting a new school but even harder when the year had already started and you are the new kid, again. As the teen walked down the hall with her fosters, so glad most kids seemed to be in class as they stopped outside the principals office. A soft knock on the door and an invitation to come in, Carina entered first with Maya following and the teen begrudgingly following behind.

"Ah! You must be the Deluca-Bishops! So lovely to meet you." The middle aged woman smiled, little bags under her eyes highlighted as she did. She introduced herself as Marie and invited the two to sit, beginning to go over a few personal details with the couple which Fynleigh easily tuned out of.

"You must be Fynleigh, is that Deluca-Bishop?" The principal stopped typing in the desired information, her eyes moving to look at the wives for an answer.

"Ah no, it's Sutton. This is a fostering arrangement at the moment." Carina tried to handle the matter delicately, watching their nervous teen out of the corner of her eye.

"Got it, such a wonderful thing to do. I'll just need those documents I referenced in the email and she'll be all enrolled."

As she was handed the required documents and she scanned them into the computer system, handing them back with a smile.

An akward silence settled in the room as the woman turned to Fynleigh with a kind smile, clearly not noticing how she'd zoned out entirely. She jumped slightly as Carina placed a hand on her knee and squeezed softly - summoning an apologetic smile to her face.

"As I was saying, I hope you'll be happy here Miss Sutton. We've been through all the boring bits, there'll be a standard online test to complete- just to gage your levels and where is best to place you to provide the most support. Feel free to do all that at home, I'll send the link over to Carina. I trust there'll be no cheating."

The red head just nodded and gave a forced smile in return, waiting till she could finally leave. With the meeting over and Carina's handbag now filled with a ton of papers that probably amounted to half the rainforest, they were able to leave.

"See that wasn't so bad eh, now how about some lunch?" Maya smiled as she draped her arm over the teens shoulder, receiving a shrug in response. She wanted to press so badly about how the kid was feeling, at least something in response but she restrained herself. Patience.

After a short lunch at a nearby cafe, the teen had managed to finish a kids sandwich meal and dessert as convinced by Carina. Apparently the chocolate cake looked so good and she didn't want to eat alone, making both of her loves join her in a chocolate coma. She was suprisingly content with the double espresso she'd received - sending her compliments to the barista and the two had began a longg conversation after discovering she was Italian (also conversing in Italian).