How...?

Got to believe in magic, tell me how two people find each other in a world that's full of strangers.

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 2:12

Got to Believe in Magic • Juris

Lorenzo Berkshire

"Don't Go."

She stopped her tracks and faced the.

"I'm sorry for being cold, Berkshire, but my cousin trumps you any day." 

"We broke up, yes. That's true. But it was mutual. She likes someone else." she stood rooted to her spot and pursed her lips, so I continued. 

"We... we were never together. We were using each other. To gain our parents' approval." I stepped forward and she moved back. 

"What?" She looked at me sharply, slightly tilting her head.

"I did it because she liked someone else." Her ocean orbs trained on mine as I took a sharp inhale. I stepped forward, and she didn't move.

I knew I was internally smiling for myself, I was getting somewhere. She still doesn't see me as a monster at the very least.

We talked and I kept getting a step closer to her. By the time I was 3 steps away, she clicked her tongue, "Well then Berkshire, I guess I do owe you an apology after all. But still, cousin trumps you any day." She spun on her heels and walked off. Her raven hair swishing slightly in waves.

I couldn't help but let the corner of my lips slightly curve upwards. And I didn't even care that I had double period for Arithmancy today. I wanted to thank her, tell her I owe her my sanity. Tell her thank you for trusting me.

It's just accepting me and it wasn't something big, I knew that. But I can settle for this. If this is the only way someone can at least not hate me, then I'm fine with it. I didn't have to be loved, Salazar knows I don't deserve to be loved either. I just needed to know that at least one person still believed in me. Even if it was only one person, I can settle for that.

Lorenzo Berkshire

It was soon time for lunch, we all sat in the Slytherin table together. No words were uttered, it was awfully quiet, an awkwardness to the tension around. Then I caught a glimpse of Emrys' eyes. The wasn't any awkwardness to it, in fact she went as far as giving me a small smile before taking another sip from her goblet. 

Unluckily for me, when I was about to talk, a tall Slytherin came towering over me and Malfoy who sat beside me. 

"You," he pointed at each of the Quidditch team members from our group before continuing "We'll be having tryouts this Saturday, any former member may loose their spot" he eyes me, Draco, Blaise and Neandra then proceeded to nod at the black-haired witch sitting in front of me, "new comers will be welcome if they prove their skills" he continued on and left.

Neandra now went to face Parkinson with a shocked expression on her face. To be honest, Crylle was decent enough and had only made it to the team last year, she wasn't that good of a chaser, no doubt there could be others that play better. 

We were all equally shocked to learn that Neandra Crylle's name was included in the list of quidditch players last year to be honest. If she wanted her spot, she would have to train harder.

"Zabini" she snapped her head at the dark skinned boy sitting directly in front of her. "I need you to help me train for tryouts." she said, grimacing at what had just came out of her mouth which made Blaise even more amused.

"What was that, Crylle?" he asked, a smug smile plastered on his face. 

"I need you to help me with quidditch," she said once more as if each word were against will, gritted out by her teeth.

"And what's in it for me?" Blaise was now leaning on the table, head rested on his hand, looking at the girl in front of him.

"Ugh! Just, please!" the girl exclaimed and Blaise backed away raising his hands mid-air, satisfied.

"You should go try out, Ev." Astoria spoke to her cousin. "It would do your new broom an honor."

"I don't know, I mean, I've never played before, much less seen one." she pondered looking down at her plate. "I wouldn't even know what to do" she shook her head a little.

Neandra nudged her a bit, "Come on, we can train with the boys, if you'd like."

"I'm not really decent at riding brooms, I very much prefer traveling by land, floo or apparition. Thank you very much." she swayed her hair.

Neandra groaned "but then I'll be the only girl in the team."

"Pretty sure you should've thought of that before you tried out last year," Pansy snorted.

Lorenzo Berkshire

It was well past dinner and I found myself walking the halls alone. I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but even then, my feet were dragging me to the library.

I did like reading, back then as a child not knowing where I belonged to or who my real parents were, I was coddled up with books. I was neglected by my mother, Bellatrix if I should even call her that. And her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange swatted me away for not being his kin. My real father, I doubt he even had any idea I existed.

It didn't at all seemed to be the case from Malfoy's point of view but I did consider him very lucky. He had a father and a mother. They spoiled him a lot. You'd think that Draco would be subject to abuse, but honestly, he wasn't.

Imagine hearing "my father will hear about this" from a child who suffered neglect. Truth is, Narcissa and Lucius may be cold and vile and cruel but they were good parents, just not good people in general. It didn't help that they believed in blood supremacy or that they strictly believed in their superiority, but that was that.

Opening the doors to the library, I walked myself up to the back, hoping to go unnoticed by Madam Pince who was busy reorganizing the books. This was perfect.

I quickly slid of to the forbidden section of the library expecting myself to be alone ad finding myself a book to read as a mere distraction from the play of events but the fates fooled me.

Their she was in all her glory, in her darkness yet her purity, sitting against the cold wall, a book in hand. The one person who held my sanity all together and somehow pieced it up in just a few hours. Evangeline Emrys.

Her eyes were light, much unlike the darkly lit library nd what insufficient light she had, reading her book. 

It baffled me to think that I was tearing apart just moments ago and here she is again. I always seemed to find her when I was breaking.

Her blue eyes met me and her eyes trailed from the floor, to my torso, my jaw and finally my eyes.

How exactly is it possible that at every corner where I was about to succumb to darkness, she was there?

How was is possible that she doesn't know me yet she exudes warmth? That even her ice eyes and stoic face remained cold, warmth crept in me whenever I was with her.

She's pure. She knows nothing of me. Nothing of my darkness. Would it really be too selfish of me to ask that she never find out?