Chapter Twenty Two - Damn Janice

Start from the beginning

Derek's rich laugh fills the room. "You're always late Sun. Besides I know you're feeling good today walking in here looking like that" I look down at my outfit today worried I might have put on a crude tee or something. I honestly just threw on whatever I have left at Spence's house on one of my many sleepovers. I pinched my eyebrows together in confusion. It's a plain form fitting black long sleeve shirt.

"You aren't wearing you're usual graphic tee. You feeling alright?" Emily asks. I throw my hands up in the air.

"Now that! That's the kind of concern I was looking for. Besides this is the only few shirts I have at Sp......at my dresser that's not in anyone else's home....because that would be weird....for me a very single lady to have clothes at someone's house....which I do not....at all....just my home.....anyway. Why aren't we getting this show on the road. Hit it boss man" I look over to Hotch with a smile and finger guns. The tired of my bullshit look crosses his face.

I know he missed me on his day off.

"Have we started the briefing yet?" Spence asks trying to relieve me from the hole I just keep digging.

"Just about to." Pen says walking in and standing next to Emily.

"Then we are not late." He states opening up his case file.

"Oh....well....attention, intrepid BAU adventurers. The land of bermuda shorts, white leisure suits, and sansabelt slacks requests your presence." Pen announces.

"Vegas" Rossi guesses

"Arizona" Derek toss out.

"Palm Springs" Emily goes next.

"Somewhere topical where I can wear a bikini?" I question. Spence's gaze snaps to mine before his eyes trail down my body trying to imagine what that would look like, biting his bottom lip in the process.

"Finnegan." Hotch warns.

"No bikini....got it."

"I was going to say Miami, but point well made about the dizzying number of locales with unfortunate fashion tendencies. Here we go." She clicks the clicker behind her as photos fill the screen of some kind of ritual like murder scenes.

"Shells in the eyes and mouth......kinda reminds me of that time when puka shells were the cool thing to wear. Jake Johnson always wore puka shell necklaces and had all the girls chasing after him. Granted these aren't puka shells there cowrie shells." I reminisce.

"Were you one of those girls?" Spence questions.

"Chasing after Jake Johnson...never. He wasn't close to being nerdy enough." I give him a wink as he starts to relax. It's adorable that he got so nervous about a boy from middle school who doesn't even hold a candle to him.

"3 victims, the last one found with a...." Penny trails off.

"A decapitated cat?" Derek questions in shock looking at Pen for clarification.

"I was thinking about adopting a cat." I randomly blurt out. Everyone collectively stops what they are doing to look at me. I can't shut up to save my life. Apparently being quiet this entire morning from stress is now catching up to me and my inner thoughts are coming out full force.

"Finnegan. It's not even 9:30 yet." Hotch explains as I nod my head and apologize.

"Moving on, again. All were found within a mile of each other in a mostly latino neighborhood in miami called Allapattah." Don't say it Sunny....don't say it.....

"Your spanish is atrocious sir." My whole body freezes as my eyes go wide. Everyone but Hotch starts laughing in some form. He pinches the bridge of his nose, no doubt counting down to my immediate termination.