Chapter 1: The Girl with Red and White Hair

Почніть із самого початку

"Don't worry, I believe you will find someone to play with on the island we are going to, after all we will be staying there for a while." Shanks said, patting Utas head looking out at sea.

Uta wasn't sure about what Shanks said, what were the chances of kids not being afraid of pirates? No one she had met so far avoided her, any kid that tried to talk to her was taken away by their parents out of fear.

"Captain the island is in sight!" Yasopp yelled from the crows nest, Uta looked out ahead and the island was in view. She looked at Shanks uncertainly.

"You will make some friends, trust me" Shanks said, smiling at her, then walking off to prepare for docking.

Maybe Shanks is right, I could find a friend to play with here. Uta thought, before walking away from the railing down to join the crew.

It took five minutes to reach the island but when they did, they docked at one of the piers and lowered the steps down to get off the ship. Uta jumped down first and looked over to see a young boy with black hair glaring at them.

"Are you guys pirates?" The boy asked, looking at Uta.

"Yes, we are." Uta said, glaring right back at the boy. "Do you have a problem with that?"

The boy kept glaring back refusing to back down. Uta was starting to get annoyed, looking down at this boy who looked younger than her by a year or two.

"If youre pirates then go away!" The boy said, Uta could tell he was scared but he wasnt backing down.

"And what if we don't?" Uta asked as she snickered at him. "What are you going to do, fight us?"

The tension between her and the boy kept getting higher, then Shanks walked down the steps standing by Uta.

"Oh sorry, we didnt know such a strong sheriff was in town," Shanks said, smiling at the boy. "You dont have to worry, we wont hurt anyone I promise."

The boy looked a bit skeptical, but he let go of trying to make them leave. Later at the bar in the town, the crew learned that the boys name was Monkey D. Luffy, and he was 6 years old, 2 years younger than Uta.

"Shanks let me join your crew!" Luffy said to Shanks. Shanks was about to respond but Uta responded first.

"No way, why would he let you join the crew?" Said Uta as she smirked at Luffy.

"What does that mean?!" Luffy said, getting mad at Uta.

"Don't start fighting you guys," Shanks said, laughing.

Luffy and Uta faced off, staring at each other, neither giving in. Shanks watched laughing as he took another swig of the booze he got from the bar owner Makino.

"How about a challenge then?" Uta said smirking "Lets race to the docks, if you win then Ill take back what I said."

"Youre on!" Luffy said confidently.

Uta and Luffy ran outside and prepared to race, each getting ready to run. Shanks walked outside with a few of the crew members to watch and see who wins.

"Are you ready?" Asked Uta, and Luffy nodded "On three we start."

They both got ready as Uta started counting.

"One..." Uta said then she darted off getting a head start.

"HEY THATS CHEATING!" Luffy said as he ran after her, the pirates outside the bar started laughing as they watched Luffy and Uta race. Shanks smiling seeing that it seems Uta has found a friend.

Uta beats Luffy to the docks and laughs at him as he arrives not far behind.

"I win! See you are weak like I said!" Uta taunts Luffy.