05: Confident Coward

Start from the beginning

Harry stares at him. “I would ask what's wrong but based on your sex hair, I'm assuming she's not to good in the sack.”

Zayn glares at him.

“But with that massive love bit on your neck, I'm not so sure,” Harry tells him with a smirk. “What happened?”

“Fucking Sonny, what's what happened,” Zayn tells him before leaving the room and going into the kitchen.

Harry follows him, leaning against the counter as he watches Zayn snatch a beer from the refrigerator. He crosses his arms across his chest as Zayn chugs down the can.

“Why would you fuck Sonny?” Harry asks, like the smart ass that he is.

Zayn glares at him and chucks the can at Harry's head. Harry ducks and chuckles.

“I didn't fuck him, you dumbass,” Zayn tells him as he tries to fix his hair.

“Then why are you so pissy?” Harry asks him.

“Because he decided to get home early and AJ and I...” Zayn pauses, feeling a bit awkward talking about something that is now so intimate to him now. In his past relationships, anything sexual was just a one time thing. It was usually in and out within an hour without feelings or attachment. But now, every emotion in Zayn’s body is involved and feelings were the last thing he wants to talk about with his friend.

“Well? You and AJ what? What were you two doing?” Harry asks, growing impatience.

Zayn groans in frustration. “We were doing things…”

Harry rolls his eyes. “Sexual things?” he asks, raising his eye brows. “Zayn, we’re not going to get anywhere with this conversation if you don tell me what happened.”

He sighs. “Were close and then he came back.”

“Close as in-”

“No, not like that,” Zayn quickly corrects him. “Close as in we were about to, but we had to stop. So we ended up not doing anything,”

“So then why are pissed at Sonny, other than the obvious reasons?”

“Because he told me to stay away from her,” Zayn tells him.

“I know that’s not going to stop you from seeing her. So, what’s really wrong?”

“If he catches me, he’s going to warrant for my death. You already know how he works. He already tried to kill me once and I know he’s not afraid to try again.”

“Are you scared of him? Is that the problem?” Harry asks.

“No, but she’s scared of him.”

“Then why don’t you kill him?” Harry asks, seriously.

Zayn scoffs. “You’re mental,” he tells him, walking out of the kitchen.

Harry follows him. “I’m serious, Zayn. You know his routes and his habits. I mean, you worked for him for years. It wouldn’t be that hard. Plus, I could help you kill the bastard. It would be an honor.”

Zayn turns to him. “I can’t. If I get caught, I’ll be sent for life. I can’t do that to her,” he tells him. “And you can’t kill him either,” he adds seriously.

“You really love this girl a lot, huh?”

Zayn nods. “I do,” he confesses. “But I don’t know what the hell to do. I want to protect her, but I’m going to get one of us killed if I try to.”

Harry sighs, pushing his curls out of his eyes. “There’s nothing you can do?” he asks.

“Not really. I can see her at work. But even then, he probably has somebody watching her,” Zayn says. “All I want to know is why and what he wants with her.”