I knew exactly what he was talking about. Most of the songs in his world were sang in Japanese and English. And no, that's not what they referred to the languages as. It was hard to explain. But it was also hard to come by any tunes that I had familiarized myself with during my time with the straw hats. The most easiest to find was Bink's sake, but most were drawn from the show, instrumental, or ai generated. Which was a little hard to explain and something I didn't feel like doing.

    "I think you might just have to settle with something that sounds good to you, Luffy. I don't really think there is much you'll recognize other than Bink's sake." Luffy looked more frustrated before finally shutting the radio off completely.

   "I'm bored."

   "I know."

   "You can't really move around in here."

   "I know."

   "This is taking a really long time."

    "I know."

    "Can you say something other than I know?"

     "If you stop stating the obvious, sure!"

     "Can you teach me how to drive this thing?"

     "Not right now."

    "Why not?"

     "Cause my horse is in the back."

     "So once he isn't?"

     "It's a hard maybe."

     "Are we there yet?" Luffy whined.

    "Luffy!" I snapped. He blinked at me. I felt a little bad, but he had been badgering me for quite a while. It was very rare that he would actually annoy me. Normally, I loved his childish antics, but I hadn't really talked to anyone in three whole months, so I was getting a little overwhelmed.

    "Sorry Misaki." He said quietly, looking down at his hands.

    "Awe don't be like that, Luffy." I sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little overwhelmed right now and driving takes concentration."

    "No, I get it." He said, looking out of the window.

      I sighed and started singing. I sang a song I knew he would know from one of Brook's many choices. A grin broke out over his face, and he joined in. It was still slightly off key, maybe even off tempo, but it made my heart skip a beat regardless. His leg bounced as he sang, desperate to dance along to the tune.

    Once we were done singing, we both laughed.

    "You're as good at singing as ever, Misaki!"

    "Thanks Lu... it's been a while since I sang anything."

    "Why is that?"

    "To be honest, I've been too sad. It was taking so long for you to come get me, I wasn't sure what was happening." I admitted. I glanced over at Luffy. He was looking down again.

    "I'm sorry, Misaki. It took longer than we thought, but I had no idea how long it had been for you."

    "I never gave up hope, though. I knew if there was any way at all, that you would find it." I smiled, making Luffy grin.

    "Hey, you didn't. Uhm. You didn't date anybody while you waited for me. Did you?"

    I thought back to what my therapist had tried to push me into and smiled at my own resolve. "Luffy, you are the love of my life. I wouldn't have betrayed you like that. I would have waited forever for you." I glanced at him and put out my hand. He grasped it tight as he chuckled.