1.23

_

_

the closer the five teens were getting the more they could hear everything around them. as they walked up a hill the ground shook and a sound was heard making them panic, the birds all flew in the same direction making the Pogues look at each other in confusion. they walked as quickly as possible until they spotted John B, Sarah and Big John. just as they were about to approach Ward Cameron stepped over to the three making the others hide.

"so sweet, you know? one big happy family, huh?"

"dad, what are you doing?" Sarah asked her father.

"i'm too tired to hold my hands up, Ward. so if you're not good with that, you can just shoot me now." Big John tells the man.

"well, watch what you wish for, my old friend. we might come to that."

"put the gun down." Sarah says.

"shut up, Sarah. you have it all, don't you, John? now you get everything, huh?" Ward stepped over to the three grabbing something for his daughter's hand, "thank you, sweetheart. you get to go home, back to Kildare. live happily ever after. with your son that loves you. and my daughter.. who hates me. i'm sorry, John. i don't think i can allow that."

"all right, so, what are gonna do?" Pope asked his friends watching closely.

"is this ride or die?" JJ asks.

silence surrounded them until Cleo reached for her machete, "P4L."

"P4L." Pope followed grabbing his machete.

"P4L." Kie leaned up from her spot.

"P4L." Caroline stood up grabbing the machete from the ground.

"fricking P4L." JJ exhaled reaching his machete as well.

"you're supposed to be dead," Ward pointed to Big John, "i think i liked you better that way."

the Pogues screamed running over to Ward who quickly turned around aiming his weapon at the five, "put it down!"

"stay back! stop right now! stay!"

"put it down!" Kiara screamed at the man.

"put it down, Ward!" JJ yelled.

"stay back, stay back!"

"Ward, put it down!" Caroline screamed keeping her eyes on him.

"come on! you're outnumbered, Ward." JJ tells him.

"what are you gonna do, shoot us all?" Pope asks.

"if you gotta shoot somebody, Ward, shoot me." Big John said, Caroline's eyes moved to him feeling her heart slowly break.

John B stepped in front of his father standing face to face with Ward, "or me."

"stop." Sarah stood in front of John B staring at her father, "enough."