The End of the World Part 2

Start from the beginning

Rose stayed behind for a second wanting to ask how she knew that. She decided that it was better to find the Doctor. Leaving Laura to all seven of the Adherence, but Laura could fend for herself.

"Aye, ya' group of ominous shadows, who wants to dance with a Scots temper first?" She got into a fighting stance. All cloaked figures paused for a second, before they all started attacking her again. "I guess ya' all do, ya' nasty buggers."

She held them all off for an impressive 5-solid seconds before one of them whipped her across the head, knocking her out. Hey, be fair, they were seven robots, she could hardly knock them out. They dragged her unconscious body down the rest of the hallway and left her in Gallery 15.

Rose ran through the hallways finally making it to the Stewards office after asking for directions from some very confused little assistants

Rose ran through the hallways finally making it to the Stewards office after asking for directions from some very confused little assistants. She saw the Doctor and Jabe outside of the door and was leaking smoke into the hallway.

"Rose, what's wrong? Where's Laura?" The Doctor asked the blonde who was coughing from the smoke, and because she just ran across the whole ship.

"Hold on. Get back." He pushed her aside, not having enough time to wait for her answer. He used the Sonic on the door frame panel and they could all hear an automated voice from inside the office.

"Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

"Is the Steward in there?!" Jabe asked.

"You can smell him. Hold on, there's another sun filter programmed to descend."

"That must be Laura, we were heading there when we were attacked!" Rose yelled at the Doctor, finally able to stop coughing. His gaze hardened before he took off running in the direction of the Gallery, not waiting to see if the other girls were following him.

He had to get to Laura and fast. He couldn't live with himself if she had gotten hurt and he wasn't there to save her.

He always saved her, he had too.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending."

Laura woke up to the automated voice, wincing and holding her head. She pulled back her hand and was surprised to see blood on her fingers. The Adherence had split her eyebrow. Great, that's going to leave a scar. She took a moment to process what the voice had said when the filer on the window in front of her began lowering.

She rushed to the door and began hitting it, "Let me out! Let me out!"

Outside of the room, the Doctor rushed to fix the panel. "Laura, are you in there!?"

"Doctor!" she yelled relieved, pressing her forehead on the door. "Let me out! This is not what I had in mind when I said I needed a tan!"

"Now is not the time for jokes, Red, but I do appreciate your humour." Came his muffled reply from outside of the door.