The End of the World Part 2

"Thanks? How do you know me?" She repeated.

"You don't know me." he seemed to sigh in her brain. I don't know how that works, don't ask me. "I should have known. The Doctor is younger than I've ever seen him. He looks good on it too."

"You know the Doctor?" She asked, crossing her arms, her brow raising to an impressive height.

"Yes Princess, I have known him for many years. I have known you as well for just as long. But it seems that none of that has happened yet, so I must warn you of what's to come."

"What's coming?" She was confused. He was old, impossibly old. There was no way that he knew both her and the Doctor. She would have noticed if the big face was following her around on adventures with the Doctor. But he did say that they hadn't met him yet. Was he a time traveller too? From her future? Then how long would she travel with the Doctor. Woah, that was a question. One that she would have to think about later.

"Some day soon you will reach the end of your adventure with the Doctor. Unfortunately this is something that you cannot outrun, it is a fixed point in time. At that time everything will change."

"What are you talking about, when?" She was terrified, she didn't want to think that adventure could be over, it just started.

"You will know when the time comes. Do not worry too much, Princess, this will be the time where you meet a handsome captain. There is not much he can do but he will try his best to protect you. Now run along and find Rose, she's bound to get herself in trouble on her own."

Laura nodded and walked away more confused and scared than she wanted to admit. The Face of Boe has just basically told her that he knows her in the future and that she was going to die? All in all a pleasant conversation, no? Why couldn't one conversation on an alien planet, while travelling with the Doctor, ever go simply?

Laura walked towards where Rose went off to talk to Cassandra, hoping to find the blonde. She had a bad feeling, and she didn't think it was the death sentence she was just given. She needed to get to Rose quickly.

She found her talking to Cassanda in front of the window, Laura could just hear the end of their conversation. "You're just skin, Cassandra. Lipstick and skin. Nice talking." Rose huffed and began to walk away. Nearly walking into the redhead.

"Nice chat?" Laura asked the blonde, seeing that she was upset.

"The best." she remarked sarcastically. "What about you? I saw you talking to the big face over there."

"Oh not much, just asked how old he is," Laura shrugged. "Tell you what though I could really use a minute, just the two of us lassies."

"That good huh?" She laughed, referencing Laura's chat with the Face of Boe. "I would love nothing more, lead the way scotty."

They both laughed and linked arms, starting to head away from the Observation deck when Laura felt a sickening pit settle in her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked, noticing that her friend's smile fell as she slowed down to a stop in the hallway. The redhead was in a trance it seemed, staring at the floor, all of a sudden she grabbed Rose's arm.

"Duck!" She pulled Rose down just before a cloaked arm would have hit her in the head. "What are you doing!?" She yelled at the cloaked figure, pushing Rose behind her.

Soon they were surrounded by all seven of the Adherence, they all all attacked the two girls. Laura held Rose close behind her as she tried to kick the cloaked figures off of them. "Rose, Run!" She pushed the blonde through a gap. "Find the Doctor, he'll be at the Stewards chamber!" She yelled as she tried fending off more cloaked figures.