chapter 40

Jobe pov

1 weeks ago

how did this account books get so messed up, I pay people to do this shit I angrily said.

I could tell they were slacking off because you were hardly here Lucas said as he sat opposite me.

Which I dont ever do. I need to come back to my senses I sighed.

Everything is going to plan but its all happening fast.

Not with that woman in that house he blurted out

What? I immediately asked.

Keeping that woman in your main house makes it seem you have a weakness, and they can use her against you he said.

I have a lot of women in my main house Lucas I asked.

lord jobe..... he said

Prepare my carriage I interrupted and walked out of my office.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It was late when I got back home. She must be asleep.

I got to her room, and she was tucked into her blankets. Her hair was messy, and her mouth was wide opened as she snuffles.

It was a rather an amusing sight.

I was tempted to touch her hair so I starched my hands but before I could touch her, she moved a little bit.

I never thought we would cross paths again, but I knew even if we did, I would never let her go, ever.

(next day)

It turns out the man who lady Sophie when she tried to run away last time, he was paid to bring her to the seaport.

Have you punished him accordingly I asked.

I thought you would want him dead Lucas said.

Get who paid him to do what he did from him I said.

But you can easily find out he said.

The person behind has someone powerful on his side. I spoke.

You mean someone with the same abilities with you Lucas asked concerned.

yes I said.

I will get him to talk my lord he assured me.

Send invitations to the top tier of redwood I said looking for something in the drawers

a party my lord? he asked.

Sophie will marry me before winter this season I said still searching.

What, lady Sophie He asked puzzled.

yes

shes what they want so you will marry her, be her family and be bound? he asked.

Exactly, arrange it up I said finally satisfied with what I found. The ruby necklace