chapter 19

I walked with Benita and Bernice behind me. It was a tea party. I got to the room it was held and saw melanin. Her red hair was styled in a tight bun and she had a white dress on. It was beautiful. When she saw me, her face was annoyed but she faked a smile.

I sat down and Benita and Bernice went so far behind us.

"how are you" melanin asked

"I'm fine" I replied.

"have some tea." she alleged

I nodded my head and had some. She can't be my friend. the way she looks at me was just too hateful.

"so, about that day. if I was rude to you I'm sorry" she said.

"no problem." I replied.

"lord jobe always brings women. It's not the first time or the last. I guess he would soon let you go. Besides you seem to struggle to fit in" she said as she sipped in some tea. She just insulted me indirectly.

"oh I didn't know but we went to the palace and he told the king I was his woman. Do lord jobe go around telling the king of different women that are his too" I said with a peaceful smile.

She didn't talk. She was surprised and shocked. That felt good.

"I was told to make peace with you but it seems that we are already friends so I should get going." I said getting up. I was getting up when she splashed a cup of water on my face

"oops I'm sorry my hands slipped." she said making a gullible face.

Then out of anger I slapped her on her face. When I did that her hair loosed to show the tension and force of the slap.

"oops my hands slipped." I said before leaving the room with Bernice and Benita. That meeting wasn't a success at all.

I got to my room and I changed to a simpler yellow gown.

I was about to have a nap when someone knocked on my door. I got up and answered it to see the man who shot that wolf.

"oh hi" I said with a smile. He saved me that day

"hello lady sophie. Lord jobe is requesting for your presence in his study." he said.

"ok" I replied following him

When I got there he was with a book and melanin was sitting opposite him with her face red and her eyes puffed as if she has been crying for a while.

"sophie, why did you slap melanin" he asked still his eyes on his book
"my hands slipped" I replied him while melanin gave me a toxic stare.

He scoffed at me and looked at melanin. "Apologise" he said

"no" I answered.

"now," he said but I'm not losing my pride by saying sorry

"I can't, she is a very annoying person and deliberately dispensed water on me. It appears that both our hands slipped so I can't apologise" I said maintaining eye contact with him. He also looked at me as if he was dazzled.

"I told you I don't like women fighting in my house" he said still looking at me

"but this meeting you set me up with just made this worse" I said still making eye contact with him.

"how dare you talk to lord jobe like that. My lord she's even making eye contact with you" melanin said as if she could not take it anymore. Before I knew it she wanted to hit my back to bend my head but before she could do that lord jobe said

"melanin!!!!!!!"

She stopped out of shock.

"did you not hear what I said at the last time I ate at the dining hall. No one had the right to touch my woman. I've tried to be lenient with you because I –have known you for a while so don't test my patience. Excuse us" he said calmly and raged.

I was also shocked by his words.

Melanin voice was so weak when she said yes, my lord.

I looked at him and he stared at me too.