2

It's been about 2 weeks since the restrictions on Iris has been put in place. At first it was awkward having Adams watch Iris all the time but after a while it became the norm. Luckily, the O5's had agreed to Clef's idea of just checking her for harmful items before going into the restroom. Yeah, like she'd ever try pills again. This morning, however, is different...

Iris is sitting in her apartment and is starting to get anxious.

"Where is she?! She was supposed to be here two hours ago!"

Eventually a knock is heard at the door and she stops. Is the Adams? No, Adams doesn't knock, she just barges in like it's her own home. She doesn't get guests anymore so who is it?

She opens the door to be met with a pile of shit in a human(ish) suit.

"105."

"Clef. Why are you here? Where's Adams?"

Clef walks in and sits on her couch, obviously not with permission

"Well, who pissed in your cheerios? Adams was sent out on some field work so you're stuck with me for 'bout a week."

She can't believe this. A full week with him. So this is what it feels like to be in hell...

"You've got to be kidding me.." she mutters

"Nope! Me and you get to hang out alll week, kid." That stupid grin of his is the only thing seem from under that hat.

For a while silence is the only thing that speaks. Iris is simply speechless and Clef has no idea what to do or say.

After a minute of just that really bad awkward silence Clef speaks

"Soo what do you normally do? I guess I'm supposed to just watch you."

Iris finally picks her jaw off the floor

"Normally I'd go eat breakfast..?"

Clef gets up and motions to go "let's get over there before they stop servin' then. I'm starvin'."

"Okkkaayy?"

The strange pair walk out and head to the SCP breakroom. The walk is mostly silent. Iris can feel her heart rate rise as she tries to figure out what Clef is planning. He hasn't insulted her sense the day she attempted to end her life and has just left her be. Why? Eventually she gets tired of the feeling and goes for it.

"Hey Clef?"

Her words sound more pissy than she realized

"What'cha want, kid?"

"First off, I'm not a kid! I'm an adult!"

"Barely."

"I- whatever. Why are you being so.. polite? You haven't really done shit to me since my uhm.."

She trails off.

"Since your little attempt?"

"Yeah. Are you just pitying me or waiting for the perfect time to say shit?"