Prologue

The ocean was raging and there was a heavy rain, pounding my coat. I saw the silhouette of a young girl, maybe 15 or 16, sitting by the water with her legs crossed. Her dark hair was blowing in every direction. It was on that very day that my life started to change. Nothing felt the same when I wasn't near her. I needed to be near her, my every waking breath needed to be infused with hers. She was beautiful, such a beauty that couldn't be described in words. But she was flowing in it and her happiness was practically sparking out of her as she looked out across the raging waves.

Her name was Aspen. She had shoulder length hair brown hair that was highlighted with a chocolatey brown. Her eyes were honey kissed and one simple look into them made you feel like you were taking a sip of hot chocolate on the coldest day of winter. She had long limbs which made her agile and flexible. She had an olive skin tone, just like the rest of the Greece Empire; being pale in Greece was seen as an infection or a disease, so the pale person was often avoided. She was a quiet girl, never spoke out of turn and never spoke unless you were close or if she was asked a question. She had a certain elegance to her, if you looked at her, you would see that her posture was straight and her feet were barely touching the floor as she moved. She was innocent, and for that I was jealous.

The Greece Empire had been brought about a year ago. Greece wasn't doing well for money and Charles Von Vincent had come to the country and saved us all. He brought back tons of the money that our old dead king had spent gambling and buying delicacies for his wife Madeline. The old rulers Madeline and Alphonso had both died of poison when they were carrying their first baby son, Theodore. That left the royal bloodline to nothing. It was an open spot for anyone that could get enough votes by the whole country, which just so happened to be Charles Von Vincent . Our new king had two sons and one daughter, Cassius, Aliana, and Mattheo.

Cassius was nineteen and had been his fathers secretary for five years. His handwriting was said to be the best ever seen in the world since Lord Even Greten fifteen thousand years ago. He had black hair that was more dominating over on the left hand side. He had an olive skin tone, a sharp jawline and blue eyes that made you shiver when you looked into them, they were so cold. He was wearing earrings in both ears. In his right ear was a short feather on his lobe and above the feather were two gold earrings in his helix's. On the left ear were a golden hoop on his daith and three on the rooks. His nose was symmetrically in the middle and his mouth was positioned in a sneer most of the time. He was an obsessed with fencing and writing things in his little, scruffy red book. Nobody had any idea what he was writing, he has a withdrawn persona.

Aliana was sixteen just like her twin brother Mattheo. She had sky blue eyes that shone with sly and evil means. Her eyelashes were long and her hair was a dark black, that had a beachy wave look to it. She had a sharp jawline and freckles scattered from the middle of both cheeks to over her nose. Her cheeks were rosy pink, and she was pale unlike most of the empire. She had large, spindly golden hoops hanging from the lobe piercing on her ear, that made it hard not to look at her. She was a vain and selfish kind of girl. She always looked above others like she was the Empress of the empire and not her parents. She was bluntly honest, but she was a clean communicator. She was her parents' translator for foreign language people.

Mattheo was sixteen. He was rather tall for a fifteen year old and unlike the rest of his family, he was broad shouldered and muscley. He had an olive skin tone and dark black hair. His hair was neat and curly. It was in soft waves that made you think of dark chocolate. His eyes were small and sharp, but they were bright and full of knowledge. He was always caught in a nook somewhere reading a book. He was smart, but his parents had no use for him. He was hot tempered and could sometimes get caught in a fight or two every week. He had a scar that ran down from his left eyelid to the bottom of his cheek. He had an oval shaped face, but a good cheekbone structure. He was charming and persuasive. He always knew how to light up a room with laughter and happiness. But he also had a dark humour and a tendency for violence. He was the most popular boy in the kingdom, and his brother and him fought over it all the time.

I on the other hand was an enemy to the Empire and the people in it. I was the son of Lord Kaius IV. My father was the next king in command, and he was determined to run the throne. He was plotting ways to kill the newly voted royal family and he expected me to participate. My father was full of greed, and he was power hungry. He was convinced that he deserved the throne and he would do anything to get to that goal. He was notoriously known for the longest Blood Bath Day in the world. His wife, my mother, had been brutally murdered by his enemy Francis Yatton and killed anyone who got in his path on the way to Francis's house. So being the son of my father definitely didn't have many perks.

My skin was porcelain. My hair was brown with multiple red streaks running through it. My hair went to the length of just below my ears and it was styled in an eboy curtains way. I had a sharp jawline and high cheekbones. I was wearing a tight black earring that fitted perfectly on my left lobe. My nose was long and straight, it was white except for the red scar across the middle; some of my many fights got too out of hand sometimes. My eyes were bright green, and some people say that they shone with revenge. It was true, I was going to avenge my mother one day, and help my father kill the empire that ruined all of our lives.