chapter two

HER TAIL GLISTENED BENEATH THE BRIGHT SUN RAYS like diamonds on the seabed. Her hair swished with the current, and all her curls were now bent to whatever the sea desired.

Lorelei lived on an island. One that was once filled with mermaids and siren's around. The laughter turned into fear when pirates searched desperately for their sweet oasis and everyone fled to the depths of the oceans to evade capture and possible torture.

However, she stayed behind. She had no choice. Her mother was buried in the very coral reef the island was known for, and she was no coward to flee because of stupid men.

She made it her job to kill any pirate on sight and hiding the body in the dark forest on the island.

Instead of living in the pools beneath the floating rock, she made home in a cave just in front of a cliff. It gave her an advantage if she needed to purify the island of man or flee from potential danger.

Life on the island was lonely.

Her sister's barely visited, scared of being slaughtered. The only company she had were fish and sharks that found home in the waters.

She couldn't understand why everyone ran. This island was hard to find. It was enchanted so that you could only find it by coincidence, not by fault. And together they were an army of powerful siren's. Men had guns, they had the sea.

Now she sat alone, weaving a basket out of dried seaweed as entertainment. Lorelei grumbled, tossing the unfinished product aside and jumped off the cliff.

She began her rounds around the island, making clear of any faults in the flourishing ecosystem. The island and it's surroundings were clean and untouched by modern hand, and she meant to keep it that way.

As the sun set, she spied a small speck in the distance. A boat.

Lorelei grit her teeth in anger.

As the dark veil of the night was cast upon the island, Lorelei inches closer and closer to the boat.

Aboard the tiny vessel, she could hear a loud voice of a male.

Loud and obnoxious humans, she thought.

She dived down, surveying the bought from below. After thinking of a plan, she headed up to the surface and began to sing. The songs of a siren, she uses to enchant.

"Hey, do you hear that?"

"Um.. Luffy, this is not good."

Two voices.

Her song lightened the air, setting everything into a trance. The voices on the bought went silent.

My heart is pierced by Cupid

I disdain all glittering gold

There is nothing can console me

But my jolly sailor bold

His hair it hangs in ringlets, his eyes as black as coal

My happiness attend him wherever he may go

From Tower Hill to Blackwall,

I'll wander, weep and moan

All for my jolly sailor, until he sails home

My heart is pierced by Cupid

I disdain all glittering gold

There is nothing can console me

But my jolly sailor bold

Lorelei peaks her head up, and is met with familiar eyes. She quietly gasps, and suddenly she is on a different island years ago.