2

The skeleton materialized in the bathroom. Blue teleporting particles appeared all around him. He regained his composure took off the glove and examined the scratches before sighing defeated. Why didn't they believe him? Was he not trustworthy? He caught himself scratching his hand again, but he didn't put it aside this time. He felt guilty for ruining the fun of Halloween for everybody.

It's not a big deal if scratching helped him! His friends were far too worried about him for his liking. As he turned on the tap to rinse his hand. The sensation of cold water falling on his aching bones relaxed him just slightly. the skeleton dried his hand and put on his gloves once again. 

A  sudden teleporting noise sounded near the door. Papyrus turned around and saw Sans leaning against the door frame with a neutral tone on his skeletal face. He groaned with annoyance. "IF YOU'RE HERE TO QUESTION ME, JUST KNOW IT'S NOT GONNA WORK." and shuffled towards the door, yet Sans didn't let him pass, and instead blocked the way.

"I trust you, bro. I know it's nothing serious," he said in a nonchalant tone. "but you're gonna have to re-assure them too, ya know? They're pretty worried" and looked at the door behind his leaning frame. Papyrus sighed once again and backed away "I KNOW. I WISH THEY TRUSTED ME MORE!" then after momentary silence he realized something, Sans was analyzing him every second, barely keeping an eye off of him, if even. It wasn't all that strange considering it wasn't uncommon for his brother to analyze other people, but this time it was just uncomfortable. "DO YOU NOT TRUST ME EITHER, BROTHER?" the skeleton asked with a slight hint of hesitance radiating from his voice. Sans' eyes widened so slightly and he broke the eye contact. "Don't get me wrong, I do trust you, I'm just making sure". Papyrus took a step backward and crossed his arms. 

"Even if this whole thing is just a habit, it's still kinda weird you know?" he tried to explain. Papyrus's eyes seemed to lose their spark for a moment, his brother didn't trust him. "I KNOW! THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON I WEAR THESE GLOVES, TO AVOID DOING IT!" their attention shifted to Papyrus' gloves. Sans paid attention to them very carefully, his skeletal eyebrows furled, and he must have missed something. It's not as if his brother's explanation didn't make sense, it's just that something was wrong, and he finally realized what.

"But you told me you wore them because they look cool with your costume" Sans began in a questioning manner, and a shiver ran down Papyrus' spine "Why didn't you tell me the truth? About the scratching I mean" his finger motioned towards his brother's hand. Papyrus' shoulders went up, and he clenched his jaw tighter. "WELL, I JUST... JUST DIDN'T WANT YOU TO WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING AS TRIVIOUS AS THIS!" He looked away. The light in Sans' eyes slightly dimmed, and his smile wavered. "I don't think you're telling me the whole truth, Paps" 

Papyrus put his hands in fists and tried relaxing his clenched jaw, he also un-crossed his arms. "OF COURSE I'M TELLING YOU THE TRUTH, THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO LIE!" he came closer to the door again "PLUS, I NEED TO GO EXPLAIN THAT TO THE OTHERS, YES THE OTHERS!" he grabbed the door handle and tried opening it "I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT BEFORE CELEBRATING HALLOWEEN!" he tried opening it again with his both hands, but for some reason the door just wouldn't open. "You're not gonna run away that easily this time," Sans said earnestly. 

Papyrus took his hand off the door handle and turned back to his brother "YOU DO KNOW I CAN TELEPORT, RIGHT?" he said as his smile wiped off his face. "I know you can," Sans responded nonchalantly "but I also know you won't." He slowly approached Papyrus with a worried expression on his skeletal face. "YOU KNOW ME TOO WELL!" his attention shifted to Sans again "I DO HATE TELEPORTING. I'M NOT SURE HOW CAN YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME" the skeleton complained, but Sans didn't let the subject go off track.

"I also know you well enough to realize you're hiding something" he questioned "I AM NOT HIDING ANYTHING! BESIDES, YOU SAID YOU TRUST THAT IT'S NOT SERIOUS!" Papyrus reminded in an almost accusing tone "I trust you, bro, but I also know when something's wrong with you. You're not good at hiding it."