"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, uh, Nobel prize."

"Yeah, they, they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together," Hill says. "Testosterone!" Hill coughs. "Oh excuse me."

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asks, leading her away.

"Yeah."

"Let's go."

"But Jane's better," Thor whispers to Tony.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it," Sam says as he and Steve climb to the balcony where I am.

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you."

"No, no, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing person's case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy."

"Be it ever so humble."

"You find a place in Brooklyn yet?"

"I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn."

"Well, home is home, you know."

Rhodey is talking to a crowd of girls. "I fly it right up to the general's palace, I drop it at his feet, I'm like, Boom! You looking for this?" They all start laughing and he nods his head, feeling things are right.

Thor and Steve talk to old war veterans and Thor pours himself a special, extra strong drink. "I gotta have some of that!" one says.

"Oh, no, no, no, see this, this was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Brunhilde's fleet, it's not meant for moral men." Steve takes a wif of the drink that Thor handed him.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us. C'mon."

Thor shrugs and pours some in the men's glasses. "Alright."

"If they have some, can I have some too?" I ask.

"No," They say in unison. I pout and watch the elderly become indescribably drunk of a shot.

Moments after the drink, Steve and Thor are helping the man out. "Excelsior!" he murmurs.

Natasha pours a drink for herself. "How'd a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" Bruce asks. I watch the two from afar.

"Fella done me wrong."

"You got a lousy taste in men, kid."

"He's not so bad. Well, he has a temper. Deep down he's all fluff. Fact is, he's not like anybody I've ever known. All my friends are fighters and here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight because he knows he'll win."

"Sounds amazing."

"He's also a huge dork. Chicks dig that. So what do you think should I fight this? Or run with it?"

"Run with it, right? Or, did he, was he, what'd he do that was so wrong to you?"

"Not a damn thing. But never say never." Natasha walks away and Steve starts to talk.

"It's nice," Steve says.

"What, what, what is?" Bruce stutters.

"You and Romanoff."

"No, we haven't, that wasn't."

"It's okay, nobody's breaking any by-laws. It's just, she's not the most, open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed."