S.H.I.E.L.D.

I look at Clint. "It's from a woman who worked with my dad. They gave her all of my things that survived the explosion." Clint smiles and picks me up, putting me in his lap. There's a knock at the door.

"Come in," Clint calls. A man comes in and shakes Clint's hand. "Good to see you again, Agent Coulson."

"Thank you for your call. We can bring you to the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division right now."

I laugh at the name. "What?"

"That is really long. Ever use an acronym like S.H.I.E.L.D.?" I ask. He thinks for a moment.

"That is a good idea. I'll tell my boss that." He turns back to Clint. "Are you ready to go?"

"I have a few conditions. If you want me to join you, you'll have to agree."

"It depends on what the conditions are, Mr. Barton."

"You have to bring my sister with me. I won't leave her. I want her to be safe and we have no one else," Clint bargains.

"I could work for you too. I've always been good with computers and science. Plus, I've been an acrobat for about a year," I tell him. He looks at me impressed.

"Let me make a call. I have nothing against those conditions but it's just not my call." He steps out of the room for a couple of minutes and Clint kneels in front of me.

"Don't you worry about a thing, Anna. I won't join if you aren't there with me where I know you are safe. I'm not being pushy with the conditions," Clint assures me.

Agent Coulson walks back in with a smile. "The director has fully agreed to the conditions you listed. So, shall we?"

"We shall. Thank you," Clint smiles. He picks me up again and we go to the Agent's Black SUV. I'm laid in the car and buckled in. Clint laughs as I try and squirm away from any source of light. He lays his jacket over me and I fall into his arms. Soon, I'm asleep. I stir awake when he gets out of the car and carries me somewhere. He places me on something soft and pets my head a few times. He gets up and I look at him.

"Clint?" I yawn. He turns back around. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to talk to my new boss. Introduce myself and tell him what I can do. Show him some skills, that sort of thing. I'm going to lock the door. I have the only key. Do not leave this room. I'll come and get you when I can, alright?" I nod and he kisses my forehead. "Get some sleep. Your bag is over there on the desk." I smile and close my eyes as he leaves the room.

The next morning, I wake up in Clint's arms, wrapped protectively around me. I get a good look at the room I'm in and find a bathroom. I take a quick shower before writing in my journal.

Dear Wanda and Pietro,

How quickly things change. Yesterday I was in a circus, now I like at some place called S.H.I.E.L.D. with Clint. Clint's brother Barney is dead. I don't know what's going to happen right now. Clint works for S.H.I.E.L.D. and I don't know what to do. Some good news is that they found the necklace you gave me when I was six in the wreckage. I just got it back. That's really all that's happened lately. Hope you're both alright.

Anya

I close the journal and see Clint stirring in bed. I get up and sit next to him. "Hey there, Anna. What are you doing up?"

"I woke up earlier and didn't know what to do," I reply. "Want to show me around?"

"Sure, just let me get ready." Clint changes into jeans and a t-shirt before grabbing my hand and leading me through the maze of hallways. He tells me what rooms are what based on what he knows. Soon we come to a room covered in computers and windows. I see we're high above the ground.

"Agent Barton," a deep voice calls out. "I see you're getting around alright. Who is this?"

"Director Fury, this is my sister, Anastasia. She is the person who I told you I wouldn't leave behind."

"Pleasure to meet you, miss," Director Fury says.

"Hello, sir," I tell him, shyly. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. You have any special talents?"

"I was an acrobat and I'm good with science and computers. I can show you, if you'd like."

"Alright, let's see what you've got." Director Fury hands me a computer and I open it up. In under five minutes, I am wired into Stark industries. "I have to admit that I am not easily impressed and yet you have impressed me. I'd like to offer you a spot as an emergency tech analyst. You'd still be able to get your college degree and train to be an agent one day."

I look at Clint who looks nervous but nods, telling me it's alright. "I'd like that, Director Fury. I really would."