The Spider

Dear Wanda and Pietro,

It's been two years since I've joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and everything feels like it's as it should be. I am ten and Clint is nineteen. He goes on missions quite often and I'm sad when he has to go but whenever he gets back, he brings me a small keychain or trinket from every place he goes. He's promised that he would take me back to Sokovia one day when he can.

He was just sent on a mission to kill the deadly Black Widow who has killed too many people for me to count. I'm worried about him. This is the first mission he has been directly order to kill her. There is some good in his life. He met this girl named Laura. I haven't met her yet but by the way he describes her, she's a great person.

I am currently doing college courses. They gave me a test and I passed with flying colors. I have an IQ of over 200. I've met Tony Stark too. I managed to do what no one else has. I impressed him. He's taken me on as an intern. I get to build trinkets with him. He's just gotten back from his time captured in Afghanistan. I am helping him program and create the Iron Man suit. Maybe I'll get one once he's less busy. He's like the funny uncle I never had.

He told me before the internship that his missiles were the ones to blow up our home. His weapons had been stolen and used by a terrorist group to attack our home. I don't hold it against him. I even feel better knowing that there are people being punished and hunted down for these crimes. I hope you understand why I don't hold it against him and agree with my decision.

I hope you're both alright. I miss you both so much. I just want to be held in your arms like I was when we were kids. I hope we see each other again.

Anya

I close my book and walk outside. When I get to the landing strip I see Clint walking out with a red headed woman next to him. He sees me and motions me forward. I run up and give him a hug. "Clint!"

"Hey, Anna. Miss me?" He smirks.

"Always do. How'd the mission go?"

"Better than expected, I just hope I don't get fired for it. Anna, I want you to meet Natasha Romanoff or as she is more commonly known, the Black Widow."

"Cool!" I say. I run up to her and give her a hug. She stiffens immediately. I back off after a few seconds. "Hi, my names Anastasia. I'm Clint's little sister."

"Aren't you scared of me? I'm sure you've heard of what I have done," she says.

I smile at her. "We aren't defined by our past. We can all change who we are and we all need a hug every once in a while. When's the last time you had one?"

Natasha looks at me. "I don't actually remember. You are wise beyond your years. Just be careful around me. My instincts may kick in if I am nervous."

"I'm not afraid of you. You're here of your own accord and I know that you will try your best to be good. I'll be your friend through the tough change. I understand what it's like to be thrown into a new life. Clint helped me then and I'll help you now."

I almost see a tear fall from her eyes. She wraps her arms around me. "Thank you." I hug her back and hold her hand as Clint leads us to Director Fury. As soon as he sees Natasha, he pulls Clint away. They argue for a while before coming back over.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. Miss Romanoff. Until such time as you have proven to be on our side, Clint is responsible for you and you two are partners in the field. Prove to me you can be trusted and you will be. Until then, welcome," Director Fury stats.

"Thank you for the chance, sir."

Clint and I show Natasha to her room and she settles down for rest. Clint takes me to our room across the hall and sits me down. I change into pajamas as Clint digs in his bag. When he finds what he's looking for, I'm done and sitting on my bed. He places a little key chain with a Russian nesting doll on it. I smile and pull a box from under the bed and put the chain next to all the others on the string. I hold it up and he smiles.

"I hope we can get you one from Sokovia soon. I know how much you want to see your home again," Clint says.

I hug him. "My home is with you. I have nothing left there. No friends and no family. Don't feel bad about me not being able to go there. You are my family. I would never give that up. Not even if I could bring them all back." He hugs me and smiles.

"You really are wise beyond your years. Well, I need to go. Fury has another mission for me. Then, I'll be free for a week or two. I promise. Get some sleep, I'll see you soon."

"Bye Clint," I yawn. He pulls the blanket up to my chin and kisses my forehead.

I am thrown out of sleep by a scream from outside my room. I run outside and open Natasha's door. She is thrashing in bed. "Nat! Nat, wake up!" I start to shake her awake. She jolts up and grabs my neck, choking me. "Nat, Nat it's me! Anastasia!" My vision gets dizzy as her eyes clear. She sees me and releases me. I lay on the floor coughing and trying to catch my breath. Natasha moves as far from me as she can.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I swear."

"It's," I cough for a moment, "It's alright. I-I'm fine." My voice is a hoarse croak. I try to stand up and she catches me.

"You need medical attention. Where is the infirmary?" Natasha asks. She puts me on her back and I lead her through the halls. My breathing is still really heavy my vision is fading as she sets me down on the table. People rush around me saying things I can't understand. My last thought is if Nat will be alright.