Chapter 18- the secret is out

It's Friday. That means lily will be home when school is over with.

I'm so happy that she will be out of the hospital today.

For the past week Dylan has been trying to talk to me but I just ignore him.

(Two days ago)
I was walking down the hallway and as I am about to get to my locker Dylan starts walking beside of me.

He then starts talking about the weather.

I stop walking and ask him "why are you talking to me?"

"Because we are somewhat friends" he says with a duh voice.

Did he not remember the fight from last night! What the hell does he think he is doing!

"So did you see the forecast this morning?"he asks.

I roll my eyes and walk away saying "stay away from me! Remember!" Well I somewhat quoted what he said.

And he left me alone for the rest of the day.

(Thursday, one day before the present)
So as I was getting my stuff from my locker Dylan leans against the locker and smirks at me.

"What do you want" I ask.

"Nothing" he responds while still smirking.

I sigh then look at him and I say "then leave me alone"

"Nope" he says popping the p.

"Okay you seem not to get the message. YOU said that you don't want me around you so that's what I'm trying to do but you won't leave ME alone!" I yell to him.

He continues to smirk but I see guilt in his eyes.

"Well I don't want you to leave me alone." He says.

"Well then I'll tell you in simple terms. LEAVE. ME. ALONE.!" And I walk away again.

(Present day)
I walk into the cafeteria for lunch.

I go and sit beside of Maggie and we all start talking about the latest gossip.

And I haven't told them about Dylan yet. And I need to soon.

As we are talking about how one of the cheerleaders broke up with the captain of the football team. And then Avery and Jackson sit down at our table.

My friends just keep talking while I just stare at them.

I'm sure Dylan has told them about our argument. So they might start taking his side over mine.

I really hope that they don't know but I think Dylan told his friends.

"Emma?" Jessica asks.

"What?" I ask.

"We asked you a question." Caroline says.

"Sorry I must have zoned out" I say while looking over at Avery and Jackson to see if there faces show if they know anything. And of course they don't seem to know anything from what I can tell from there faces.

"Okay we will repeat the question. What is going on with you and Dylan?" Jess asks.

"Um...." I hesitate.

I can't tell them here or now so I will just lie for now.

"Um...nothing" I say a little too chirpy for my liking.

"Really because that's not what I heard" Avery says with a smirk.

"And what did you hear exactly?" I ask.