The Bodyguard

After her time on Corellia, things had quieted down. She reported back to Mon Mothma and Bail Organa on how the mission went. She honestly wasn't too sure if the mission was a complete success since she wasn't positive the two sisters were actually against the Empire. She relayed to the other two senators about there being more people out there who are rebelling. Mon Mothma nodded and thanked her for the information, ending the conversation by telling her she'll look into it.

Captain Typho was not the least bit impressed over the fact that Adla left without informing him. Adla could see the stress and strain he was going through as his tired eyes stared her down during his scolding.

Adla had known Captain Typho for a very long time. To her, it was no surprise that he wasn't taking the death of the previous senator very well. She believed he needed time to rest, grieve, retire.

So she saw it as both a gift and a curse when Vice Admiral Rampart came to her to speak with her on the matter.

"Senator Klenn," Admiral Rampart greeted Adla as he walked into her office unannounced.

Adla looked up from the paperwork on her desk, surprised. "Vice Admiral, I wasn't aware we had a meeting." She detangled her hand as it had woven into her hair and clutched at the base of the strands.

"We don't. I thought I would just pop in for a moment to discuss an important matter," his pompously smooth voice replied.

Adla refrained from making a disgruntled face.

"Is there any way we could perhaps schedule a meeting, I am sort of busy at the moment," she tried to be as polite as possible.

"No, we can do this now. It won't take long."

The young senator rolled her eyes when Rampart looked away to signal to someone with his comm. Adla put the paper in her hands down and moved it off to the side of her desk. She patted her hair down as she waited for the Vice Admiral to speak again.

The doors to her office opened once more to reveal four troopers walk in. Two had dark armor while the other two had white armor. The shape and model of the helmets on these troopers were new.

Feeling wary about the sudden call to troopers, Adla stood from her desk, surveying each of them up and down.

"What is all of this?" Her heart pounded in her chest, her palms growing sweaty. Did they find out about Corellia? Were they here to arrest her? Were they going to strike her where she stood?

"It has been noted that your security detail only contains one guard. Knowing the history of a Naboo senator, one guard will simply not suffice."

"I only need one guard. Captain Typho is a very capable man," Adla defended, raising her head higher.

"Of course. I am not doubting his capabilities. We just want to keep our senators safe." Rampart walked over with four, single-paged files on the troopers in front of her. "I believe adding another member to your security will be beneficial for you."

"Why?" Adla glanced at the Vice Admiral with a raised brow. "Do you know something I don't?"

Admiral Rampart cleared his throat, "Of course not. It's just a safety precaution."

Adla briefly glanced over the files. "If I'm adding a new person, then I'm going to retire Captain Typho. He has done his duty to his people."

Captain Typho, who had been standing off to the side, snapped his gaze to her. 

"We're trying to add security, senator, not stay the same."

Adla leveled her stare at the Vice Admiral. "It will be impossible for you to change my mind. I don't need all of these," she absentmindedly gestured to the air, "personnel standing around me all day. I will find their presence too distracting when I'm trying to work."