The Tactical Droid

It had been a few days after the secret meeting. Bail said he would look into it before Riyo shortly left for the night. Bail had stayed as he wanted to check up on Adla. Over the past few weeks of her being at Coruscant, he had not had the time to check in with her. This was his first time at the apartment since she settled in. He had given himself a detour of the apartment he was already familiar with. The Alderaan senator voiced his concern when he noticed a sheet, two pillows, and a blanket on the floor by the couch. 

Adla had refused to meet his gaze as she insisted she was fine. The man had been persistent, though. She made a pitiful attempt of saying the excuse that she liked the floor - preferred it, even. When he shot her a look to display how unimpressed he was, she caved and told him. 

It wasn't her apartment. It didn't feel like her apartment. It didn't feel right to use her furniture. The seat at the table where Adla sat was the one she picked every time she had come for a visit. Nothing felt like hers. She wasn't sure she wanted it to. 

Adla couldn't look at him when she confessed that. She didn't look at him for the remainder of his stay, which hadn't been long.

Currently though, Adla removed her suit from the closet and placed it into a bag. It was all black and tight on her. It was almost like putting on a glove, but it was flexible and allowed her to breathe. She had a black cloak, black gloves, and a matching black helmet with a visor, so not even her eyes were visible. It was the perfect outfit to be discreet in, to hide in the shadows, to go unnoticed. It was what she wore during the war. Now, all she had to do was wait for the information, which shouldn't be much longer.

A knock on her door had her rushing to check the peep hole before letting Bail in. 

"Well?" She asked as she led herself and Bail further into the apartment to deter from potential prying ears. 

"I managed to find out a location. Most of the Separatist droids seemed to have already been decommissioned, shut down, and destroyed. There does seem to be one in the system scheduled to be destroyed."

Adla hummed, "Well, I guess we have to make sure it remains that way. Where?"

"Corellia." 

Made sense. There was a decommissioning facility there. 

"Mon Mothma is waiting for you outside. She has found a ship for you to disguise yourself with."

Adla nodded and grabbed her bag as they both walked towards the door. Before she could open it, though, Bail stopped where he was and lightly tugged at her bicep. "Adla, are you sure you want to go through with this? This could be dangerous. We could find someone else to go and make sure the droid is destroyed," he whispered.

"Bail, I'll be fine. It's a tiny mission to make sure something is destroyed. I'll stick to the shadows. And if there is trouble, I'll make sure it's destroyed myself."

Bail searched her eyes for a moment. Determination had found and built a home there. When the moment ended, Bail nodded and let go of her as she opened the door. The two walked side by side for a little bit. Before they parted, Bail had once again wrapped his hand around her bicep, pulled her close to him, mumbled a "good luck" into her hair before he kissed the top and walked toward the Senate building. Adla made it to the elevator and stared straight ahead.

Mon Mothma was at the bottom of the steps, about to walk up them when she looked up and spotted Adla. "Oh, Adla!" She called. The slightly older senator held out a hand for Adla to shake. Adla felt the weight of something press against her palm as she shook her hand. "So good to see you, dear. Have you seen Senator Bail by any chance? There is something I've been meaning to speak to him about."