𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

"Hey," he said quietly, "You're early."

Elena mouthed 'Orion' and chuckled. Rin walked around the table and pulled a chair next to her. "Is everything alright?" Elena asked.

"Yes," he took a few shallow breaths, "I wanted ask you something. Umm.. Would you like to be my date for tonight?"

Elena stood surprised for a few seconds, she had assumed they would spend the party together, but going there as dates? "Sure," she mumbled.

"If you don't want to, I wouldn't want to force you. I know I'm late, but I was trying to make sure you weren't going with anyone else-"

"No, no, I'm not." Elena smiled. "I was.. just not expecting you to ask."

"I- I also got you something," Rin reached for his bag across the table.

"You didn't have to," said Elena.

"It's nothing big," he took out and handed her a small box. "I thought it would suit you."

"Thank you," Elena opened it to find a necklace. It had a silver chain and its black charm was shaped like a triangle with a circle in it and a line going through it. "It's beautiful."

"Do you know what the symbol means?" Elena shook her head, "It's the Deathly Hallows." He took out a little book from his bag, "It's a children's tale. My favourite." He gave Elena the book, watching her look through the pages.

"Thank you," Elena said again. She decided to read the story later, on her own, but even the name made her wonder why she hadn't heard of it before.

Rin helped her put on the necklace, and smiled. "It looks perfect."

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

When she entered the dormitory all the girls were in a rush, trying to get their hair and makeup done in time. Lucy was talking about how Abraxas had invited her and she seemed so happy. Anna was talking about how she would approach Tom and get him to dance with her. Elena rolled her eyes. She really did not like Anna, it was nothing personal, at least on Elena's side.

She quickly put on the dress, tying her hair up in a low bun and borrowed some mascara and lipstick from Orion. What she hadn't thought about was the mask, she was going to buy on when she was at Hogsmeade but she had forgotten. When she was ready she went to Orion's side, who was wearing a black knee length dress. "I forgot about the mask."

"No worries," she walked over to her bed, grabbing two boxes. "I asked Abraxas for two, here you go."

"You really thought of everything." Elena took the box, inside was a black lace mask. It complimented her dress beautifully. "Thank you." She went to put it on as a tiny paper fell down. She picked it up, taking a deep breath as she read.

Save the last dance for me? T. M. R.

"What's wrong?" Orion approached her.

Elena quickly hid away the note. "Nothing. Let's go, the boys should be waiting for us."

"Boys?" Orion wore a shocked face, "He asked you? He asked you!!"

"Orion calm down," Elena laughed, "Just.. go!"

Timothy Nott was waiting for Orion in the common room, with others from Tom's little club. She left Orion with Nott and exited the common room alone, looking around for Rin. She could hear echoes of whispers coming from the dark corridors. She walked over to find Rin and Tom Riddle, seemingly in a heated discussion. Tom stopped talking upon seeing her and walked away without saying another word to either of them.