Chapter 8

It's been a few days since Zoa has returned back to campus and today classes have officially started. She's still a little disoriented and distracted from the whole relaxing and chilling feeling she's got from Christmas holidays and it's still a little too hard to focus back to class and study hard but Zoa is a good student that likes studying a lot and very hard so she's trying hard to cope with all the new homework the professors are giving them. Going back to the fast and stressful rhythm and routine of classes and studying isn't easy, but she's trying her best. Going back to college also means meeting up with the basketball team's members and hanging out with her classmates too so Zoa has been pretty busy the whole morning trying to catch up with everyone and everything.

To the point that she hasn't even realized Jiwoo hasn't attended the first few classes. After all, even if the seat next to her hasn't been occupied by her friend for the first couple of minutes which has made Zoa wonder what has happened to her friend, Siyoon has occupied that seat and Zoa has been busy all morning catching up with her friend and classmate.

The two have been walking down the hallway, holding their books as they are heading towards their lockers to leave their books there when Zoa's eyes land on a familiar brunette walking across from them, heading to a different direction.

"Hey! Jiwoo! Where have you been? I missed you!" Zoa immediately greets her friend as she walks towards her and embraces her friend in a tight hug. Jiwoo giggles softly, patting Zoa's shoulders and letting go of the hug as soon as Zoa has hugged her.

"Hey. I overslept. Damn I've gotten so used to sleeping a lot during holidays that it's pretty hard waking up early now." Jiwoo says.

"I agree. Can't they change the classes and schedule them to start two hours later?" Siyoon butts in their conversation.

"I guess they really love torturing us." Zoa agrees.

"Would you like to hang out? I missed you, and I would also like to get today's homework too." Jiwoo suggest to Zoa as she looks back at the tall girl whose eyes light up upon hearing about hanging out with her best friend but immediately frowns once she remembers something.

"I would love that, Jiwoo, but I promised to catch up for lunch with Jihan unnie. Maybe in the afternoon?" Jiwoo smiles bitterly before she shakes her head slowly.

"I have dance classes. It's fine. We can arrange that another time." Jiwoo says. Zoa parts her lips about to protest but Jiwoo cuts her off by adding,

"I'm kind of in a rush now. I'll see you around, ok cypress?" Jiwoo says, forming a playful smile, literaly forcing it before she waves goodbye and walks away.

"She seems a little moody today or is it just me?" Siyoon asks Zoa a little unsure who wonders for a few seconds before she shakes her head.

"Nah, it's just Jiwoo and she's just sulky that college has started again."

[...]

Soojin sighs a little tiredly. Returning back to college isn't easy at all. She's tried relaxing a little during Christmas holidays and stress out about college and essays a little less but now it all comes back like a boomerang making Soojin extremely anxious, which ends up with her studying hard and nonstop all day and night. She's studying so much that she's not even sure what time it is right now, or what her friends are up to. She's put her phone on silent and away from her in order to focus on studying, studying and well... studying again.

She's focusing so hard that she doesn't notice or hear the sound of her door being knocked at first until the knocking is repeated for a second time and longer this time. She frowns a little as she stands up from her seating calling aloud,