Chapter XII

— No, I don't wanna talk to you right now.

Jieun complained, seeing Gyunjoon enter the roof, she was calm enough to him come and ask her to get out of there alive.

She didn't know why he seemed so foolish about it, but it was frustrating her, because now she didn't even know if it was going to be the way she wanted, everything was getting harder. — Yah, idiot, I'm here because it's almost eleven o'clock and I've got things to think about, you're not the center of my world, you know?

— Act like it then. — She muttered softly, staring at the night sky before hearing footsteps approaching her, when her gaze went up, she would have fallen backwards if it weren't for Gyunjoon's hands gripping her waist tightly. —Yah, shit, don't come close like that, asshole.

— Jieun-ah. — He called, his voice was serious even though that name had sounded like a mockery. —Let me ask you something.

—Uhm?

— ¿Where did you get that name, "Joonnie"? — The boy asked with sincere doubt. The girl blinked, remembering the moment when she had said that to him, she didn't know, she didn't know the reason, it just came from her lips, it was so natural that swear she had said it before. —You've never called me that before, but...

— ¿Do you feel like I've done it before? — The girl nodded, lowering her gaze from his pretty slanted eyes. — I know, I feel it too. But don't worry, I won't do it again, it's... Ridiculous.

The boy saw her look away, admiring her profile, he felt that familiar scene too, standing in front of her at that distance and admiring her profile, all of that felt so normal. —I'm going to die anyway.

— Ah, I don't have time for this. — The girl complained, he was again with those words, pushing him, she tried to get out of his grip, not succeeding. —Let me go, you asshole.

— Yah, yah, don't be angry, I didn't say anything wrong.

— Of course you...—  She stopped, looking into his eyes, noticing how close they were, she just swallowed hard before throwing her head back, for some reason, her mind didn't seem to want to accept that. Like saying she was going to die, she didn't want to accept it, she wasn't going to do it. —You won't.

— Then you will?"

— I'm not going to die for you either, idiot, know your limits. — She complained, the boy smiled, instinctively moving closer to her.

—No? Because I'd do it for you.— The girl tensed up when she heard that, blinking in confusion, she stared at him, feeling his gaze burn on her face. — Jinnie-yah

— Yah, you bastard, s-top calling me that.

— ¿Why? I'm sure I've done it before. — He said, getting a little closer to her, taking advantage of the fact that she couldn't seem to go anywhere else, of course, unless she wanted to open her head when she fell from where she was sitting. —Hey, princess--

—Damn, shut your mouth.

— ¿Why? You're good at controlling your nerves... Or is it because you never felt them when you were with me? — The boy felt the girl's hands put on his chest, trying to pull him away from her, he just approached at a slow pace until he was between her legs. —Jieun-ah, I promise not to let you die.

— Stop saying that. — She said to him, and the tone with which she blurted out those words, made him frown, she sounded sad, almost as if she was holding her breath, or as if she had some kind of lump in her throat. — You're not going to die, no... We said we'd get out of here.

— You also said you were a priority. — The girl looked at him, nerves jumped at that moment, her heart beat hard when she saw how close they both were, her mind was clouded and it was true, she had said it, and she thought it, but every time he said that, every time he asked her not to die, something in her lit up, as if warning her, her chest ached, as if she had already experienced the pain of losing him before. She didn't want it to happen, not at all.