Chapter IV

Confusion.

That was the first thing Jieun's mind felt when she opened her eyes, that melody she had heard before everything turned black was repeated over and over again in her mind, but this time, what was being heard was not that, it was a melody, almost like a soft and sweet alarm, one that not only woke her up, but all the bodies lying around her.

Sitting down with some difficulty, the girl complained as she felt the pain in her wrist, now throbbing, opening her mouth without letting out another moan, she took her own limb in her hands, caressing it gently and her eyes were directed, as if by instinct, to that pool of blood, which was already drying, next to her. Realizing where she was, she thought about it a little, moving her eyes all over the place, seeing how, like her, the others seemed to be processing everything they had experienced a few hours ago, her heart pounded in her chest, so much that it hurt, it had been years since she had felt that sensation in her body and mind.

She felt anxious.

Leaving those feelings aside, her eyes moved to the floor she was sitting on, more specifically, to the cell phone that was positioned next to the large, almost dry pool of blood in front of her.

Take that phone, Jieun.

Seeing how everyone seemed to suddenly regain consciousness, she only glanced at the device before swallowing hard and then running her eyes around the hallway, analyzing all the mess that was in the place.

Although the blood and broken glass was what stood out the most, anyway.

Rising from the ground with trembling legs, the girl could only remember that name. Heoyul. Something inside her broke at that moment.

"A new restaurant opened near my house, Jieun, let's go together."

Thinking of the boy who had promised her to go to that restaurant, just a couple of hours ago, and now he was no longer there, he had opened his head right there, kneeling in front of her, he had thrown himself into the void, he had died in front of her eyes and she had been unable to do anything. That thought made her nose itch like she wanted to sneeze, but she knew that wasn't what her body was asking for

She wanted to cry. She wanted to cry for little Yul.

When her cell phone, which she was carrying in her good hand, began to ring, she immediately looked at the cell phone on the floor next to the pool of blood, noticing how it did not even seem to turn on, deciding to look at the screen of hers, she could only read the same as what the ad was repeating. Before the last vote is over, the police has used it power.

Jieun looked up, wanting to analyze the expressions of the others before turning her eyes to her cell phone so she could read the other announcement. — Choi Juwon was executed by the mafia.

Juwon-i? No...

The girl lowered the device before letting out a sigh, not really knowing what to think. Heoyul is dead, and now Juwon is dead.

— Choi Juwon was a member of the mafia.

That made her frown. Juwon was the mafia, but was killed by the mafia? It doesn't make sense, Jieun didn't think it was a sane thing. Her eyes moved to the cell phone on the ground again, blinking to think of something before Wooram's voice was heard.

— The... The announcement. — His clear voice was heard and made everyone look at him carefully. —Who's announcing all this?— The girl swept her gaze over everyone in the room.

— The broadcast room is on the second floor. — Hyunho replied, seeing the boy, who nodded before Donghyun said something about going to investigate.