The Night Runners

An elegant flip through the air, her long brown hair flowing around her body as she landed softly on the roof of the next building, glancing slowly over her shoulder with a smirk, a smirk that was covered by the face mask she had on at the moment. She shifted her back pack on her back, and took off running again, ignoring the calls of her friends from behind her.

Once again, the girl gracefully flipped forward onto the next roof, landing on it softly, before leaping down onto the ground between two houses, a small alley way. She pulled out a bottle of spray paint, and shook it quickly before beginning to liter the wall with the beautiful orange paint. Finally, her friends caught up with her and dropped down to the ground beside her while she was fast at work. They stood back and continued to let her work, admiring it. In bright orange was the words "The Kids In The Dark." with outline of black.

When she was done, she stepped back from the wall and smiled at her work, before shoving her spray paint back into her bag. She turned towards her friends, and pointed back up to the roof. They all nodded, and leaped up to the roof in an instant. Once up there, they all started to high five each other.

"That was great, two!" A boy named Izumo said, and his best friend, Kotetsu nodded quickly. Those were their every day name, but at night they were know as 3 and 4. Tonight it was only these three, but that was fine with them.

"Thanks!" Meiko, or Two, said as she high fived Izumo again. They all laughed as they began to run across the roof again, leaping from building to building as they did, laughing the entire time.

This was an every night thing for the thee of them. They were rebellious teenagers, with bad attitudes and a known reputation without known names. They were called "The Kids in The Dark." Because they were only seen at night, and no one had ever gotten a good look at their faces. They all dressed in similar outfits, a black mask that covered the majority of their faces, black shirts with no sleeves, and fingerless gloves that went up to their mid forearms. Meiko wore a pair of midnight black shorts, that were fairly short but she didn't mind. No one knew who she was, so she didn't care what she looked like.

Izumo and Kotetsu wore black ninja pants, and all three wore regular black ninja shoes. They all three also had black back packs that they filled with things that they used to defile the town at night. By day, you wouldn't think that they were the ones to do this. Meiko was the daughter of the Third Hokage, a shining example of what a straight A student was, she was a girl who helped everyone do what they asked, she never argued, she never lied, but it seemed like a night, something switched off inside of her. She didn't know exactly what made her want to do that, but she loved it.

"Boys, I think it's time to call it a night." She said as she glanced up at the moon, noticing that it was high in the sky meaning it was around midnight. Both of them just nodded, and they jumped away from each other and back to their houses. When Meiko got to hers, she slowly opened her window and slid inside as she did every night. She gave a deep sigh as she pulled the mask down off of her face, exposing her perfectly put together face.

Her skin was a porcelain pale color, unlike her brother who was fairly tan. Her nose was the perfect size for her face, and she had chocolate brown eyes a lot like Asuma.

Her hair was a dark brown, and it fell down to the middle of her back. She sighed softly, and pulled up the hair onto the top of her head as she undressed out of her night time street outfit, and into a sleek night gown. Meiko smiled slightly as she hid her bag and clothes under her bed, before crawling underneath her sheets and falling asleep.

///

"Meiko!" Asuma screamed as he walked into her room, but she didn't move. He groaned slightly as he walked over to her bed and crouched down beside her. "Meiko." He said, poking her slightly.