"All the same, Ravenna they cannot be allowed to roam free in Kings Landing. Who knows what they would get up to. Find them and bring them back, they are safe in the Dragon Pit, along with all the other Dragons."

"Zaldrizes buzdari iksos daor," A Dragon is not a Slave. Words that Ravenna agreed with wholeheartedly.

Lysander seemed to agree as well, "They don't belong in a Pit."

"All the same. I can't have them flying around, with no rider." Viserys reasoned, he'd order them only if it was a last resort.

Haelys leaned forwards on her hand, looking directly at her brother, "Are you asking as a King or my brother? There's a difference. And a different answer to each."

Viserys looked at his sister, sternly. He knew that Haelys liked to push her boundaries, "I'm asking as your brother...then as a King, if you don't."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Just being in Kings Landing for a day made Ravenna realise why she hated it so much. She preferred Valere. Her people didn't care about what gender you were born, a lady could rule Valere, be the Queen of the Dark.

"Are you going to find Maegon?" Robb asked as he and Ravenna walked towards Ravenna's chambers

Robb was more of Ravenna's friend than anything, she didn't think he was just someone who worked for her family. He was her friend, someone she knew without a doubt would keep any secret she gave to him.

"Maybe...and order from my Uncle means nothing. He's not my king."

Robb slightly smiled, "Careful...this isn't Tar Valon. This is the Red Keep...there are eyes and ears everywhere."

Ravenna turned around so she could look at him whilst walking backwards, "I'm a Morrigan...no one would dare."

Robb had to admit that she had a point there. Even if the fear for the Oldest Valyrian House wasn't entirely justified. The Morrigans hadn't helped themselves in dispelling those rumours. They were just as large and powerful as they were when they first went into people's ears.

"I would suggest finding your dragon. Just to make sure she's not eating the local sheep." Robb said as he leaned forwards opening a door for Ravenna

There were very few people that Ravenna would take advice from, but Robb was one of the few, "Thank you, Robb."

He nodded as Ravenna walked into the room, he shut the door behind him and Ravenna knew that he would be there if she needed him.

"Am I glad to see you." Ravenna quickly span around with her hand in the air but she just smiled when she saw who was behind her. He just laughed, "Easy now, Rav. No need to go all crazy on me now."

Mat. Ravenna couldn't remember a time when he wasn't in her life. And she never wanted there to be a time in her life when she wasn't in it.

Ravenna laughed as she ran towards Mat, him picking her up in a hug the second she got to him, "What are you doing here?! I thought you were in Altara."

"I was in Altara. I am now no longer in Altara." Mat said as he put Ravenna back on her own two feet, "I heard from Pan that you were all shipping off to Kings Landing. Leaving Jericho in charge. I'd rather be fed to Maegon then live under the rule of that man, if we go home and it hasn't all been burnt down I will thank the gods."

Ravenna smiled as she hit Mat on the chest, "Be nice. How did you get here?"

"Robb." Mat shrugged, Ravenna looked back at the door where she knew Robb was standing outside of it. He bought someone from home that he knew she would need, "Are you...okay that I'm here?"

Ravenna nodded, "I couldn't be happier."

Altara was a place of chaos. The streets were black, filled with people of all different types. Mat was Altaran but he wasn't the chaos, he wasn't like the rest of them.

When Ravenna was with Mat she felt her chaos disappear, like he took that from her.

Ravenna walked towards her dresser and smiled when she felt Mat behind her, his hand just at the top of her thigh, Ravenna quickly turned to face him, leaning her back against the dresser.

"Two weeks. Two weeks I've been stuck in this shitpile of a city."

Ravenna laughed, "You live in Altara."

"I know so that's saying something."

Part of the reason why Ravenna wanted to be named the Lady of Altara was because of Mat. That was where she first met him, where he showed her how to not be a princess for once in her life.

She didn't like to show it. But over the two weeks that she was in Valere and she didn't have Mat, she longed for him, she wanted to feel his touch, hear his voice and his stupid laugh. And here he was in front of her.

Mat smiled as Ravenna carefully sat down on the dresser pulling her towards her. Mat pulled up Ravenna's skirt further up her thigh. Holding her thigh as if it was a lifeline.

"Mat." Ravenna breathed as Mat trailed his lips down her neck

The two people wanted each other, right there. But Ravenna reluctantly moved her head back, looking at Mat straight in his brown eyes, "Someone could walk in, see us."

Mat just raised an eyebrow playfully, "I'd be more worried they'd hear you. But we'll go with see us."

Ravenna's smile changed into a devious smirk and as her mouth his Mat's she felt at home again. She laughed as Mat picked her up so he was against the dresser.

He looked down and took the pointed ring off of her finger, "We're not taking chances."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Leaving Mat alone in the bed was a risky move, but she knew that Robb wouldn't let anyone in the room. Robb may just be the one person in the whole world that knew about the Princess and the Altaran street rat. And it needed to stay that way.

How could he not? He was sworn to protect the Kings children and it just so happened that Ravenna caused more chaos than the other two put together.

But what Ravenna didn't expect, walking through the garden watching the stars twinkle away was to see a man trying to climb the wall, "Are you coming in or going out?"

The man stopped and turned his head back, "Going out, my lady."

Ravenna slightly smiled, "I'm no lady. Can I ask why you're trying to climb over the wall instead of using the gate like a normal person? Watch your-" Ravenna was cut off by the man stepping on a loose brick and tumbling straight back down to the ground, "Step..."

He laid on the ground for a second, seemingly debating all of his decisions before he stood up, "Are you quite alright?"

He just nodded, "I'm fine. I don't believe I've seen you here before."

Ravenna just sat down on one of the stone benches, ignoring his last statement entirely, "Is there a reason you were trying to climb the wall? Kingslanding surely isn't that bad."

"It is for me...I'm Northern so I'm not used to this place."

Ravenna nodded, making a noise of acknowledgement, "So you're trying to go back to the North. On what? Foot?"

"If I have to. King Viserys is trying to betroth me...to a Morrigan."

Ravenna raised an eyebrow, this was the first that she had heard of it, there were no other female Morrigans so it had to have been her that he was talking about, "Oh? Is that a bad thing?"

The Northern man just shook his head, "I'm not quite sure. People say...people say they're witches."

Ravenna just smiled as she stood up from the bench, "Are you afraid of witches, my lord?"

Thank you for reading

The first Cregan and Ravenna meeting. Inspired by Queen Charlotte

Comment and Vote :)