029. having to trust your word

Começar do início

"mhm.."

"why?"

"i don't know.. i just never really thought that my first kiss would be from some silly game," she shrugged. "and like i mean i know there's photos of us kissing as like toddlers cause our parents pushed it but like that doesn't count. this is like an actual kiss, something i'll remember and i don't know if i want it to do like that."

he softly stared into her eyes for a moment, then leaning in and placing a single kiss on her lips. pulling away liberty look at him confuse, a slight furrow in her brows. daniel simply turned around and subtly shook his head and regret piled over him.

"what was that for..?" she spoke up after a couple seconds of awkward silence.

"sorry i just- i don't know.." he mumbled, turning back to her for a second before taking a step away. "let's just go back to everyone."

"no daniel," she quickly caught up and stood in front of him to make him stop and look at her. "i don't really care, i mean technically it already happened years ago, but i'm just confused on why you done it now.."

"you just said you didn't want it to be because of a game," he shrugged. "so i kissed you because i feel like it not because of a bottle. and i've also yet to have a first kiss.."

".. okay," she hesitantly nodded after a couple seconds of silence. "should we.. just.. head back and forget about this?"

"sure," he agreed with the smallest of nods.

walking back to their friends, there was slight awkward tension between the two as neither said a word. liberty sent the group a small smile as she sat back down where she was, and daniel took the spot beside her again.

"so what are you guys' rules to the game?" she looked around the group.

"oh um, you two leaving and making us wait kinda ruined the mood to play it," one of the other older boy's shrugged. "spin the bottle is more an impulse, planning it you might as well ask to kiss the person."

"yeah we've moved on from that now," a girl added.

"oh.. alright," liberty slowly nodded.

"i was.. fifteen," daniel answered to the girl's question.

"a girlfriend?"

"um.. not.. at the time."

"was it your friend?" she slightly sat up better watching as he hesitated once again. "the one you dated?"

"it was.. it was lilli.." he watched as her face slightly dropped. "we were playing spin the bottle with some friends one summer and yeah.. i also had my second kiss that night," he lied to defend his teenage years choices. "really it was just a coincidence it landed on her first."

"mh.. spin the bottle is a very odd concept of a game."

"it is, isn't it?" he rhetorically asked in agreement. 

"so... is it not like weird being friends with her after dating?" violet switched the topic slightly. "you don't have to answer if you don't want to, i'm just wondering how that works."

"for us, no, not really," he softly shook his head. "i feel like since we didn't see each other often to begin with when we started dating, cause i was on tour and constantly here with the band while she was still at home.. when we did see each other after we decided to break up we were still just use to style of affection- it's not like we intentionally kept doing it, just sometimes we done it without thinking."