013. and how is your love life

L I F E L I N E

february 18, 2023

february 18, 2023

after work at about just after 5pm, liberty had made her way to daniel's to spend dinner with him since charley had work and the two best friends had nothing better to do with their evening.

and although they had made food together before sitting down at the dining table to eat, it didn't mean liberty wasn't on her phone majority of the time texting with the other girl since she was on her break.

saying bye to charley and agreeing that they'll text later in the night, she finally set her phone down on the table and finally turned her full attention back to daniel.

"she makes me feel so happy," liberty grinned as he softly hummed in response.

"i can tell.." he somewhat forced a smile. "i'm glad she does, you deserve that."

"and how is your love life going, huh?"

"i'm too busy making music for that," he softly shrugged.

"how you suppose to win the million kisses bet then?" she raised a brow at the boy, following by taking a bite of her food.

"how many are you at?"

"two," she confidently hummed with a small giggle.

"oh no, i'm so far behind," he sarcastically snickered.

"yeah, well, at least i have a girlfriend. you haven't had one all year.."

"whatever," he playfully shook with head and let out a sigh. "i've been too busy all year to find time for that."

"you should let me find you a girlfriend!"

"are we not going to mention how that went last time?"

"nope," she quickly shook her head. "she was just mistaken, thought i wanted someone, that wasn't my fault- i mean i was drunk and at a club so maybe i was giving off the wrong vibes but i'll find you a straight girl this time."

"sure, go ahead."

"she'll be your girlfriend forever, i promise."

"if you say so," he chuckled. "how did your date last night go by the way? you were too distracted before to babble like you usually would."

"i wasn't distracted, i was busy!" she argued. "and my date was good thank you. we had a lil' picnic at the beach, sunset, drunk some champagne and taalllked and got to know to each other better. shared a couple kisses, obvyy. it was nice."

"it sounds nice.." he agreed. "did you wanna stay tonight, by the way?"

"nuh-uh," she shook her head, chasing the bite of food she had with her glass of water. "i.. i'm gonna call charley once she's finished work and home."

"ahh okay."

"can i ask something?" liberty blurted out, twirling her fork around the food as her gaze fell from the boy.

"yeah.. of course," the boy nodded. "you can always ask me anything, you know that.."

"um, you know.. you know how.. after we broke up.." he softly hummed as he let her take her time with her response. "we kept um.. doing stuff.."

"yeah, of course.. there's really no reason to block that out of my memory."

"okay- but like.. there's- there's none of that anymore, is there?"

"you should be able to answer that question," he subtly furrowed. "other than that kiss the other day.. we haven't done anything in.. months... do you not remember that?"

"no, no, i do.." she glanced away from him again and back down at her plate. "but like.. there's no feelings like that between us now?"

"ye- no- why are you asking this, lib?" he questioned. "you know that doesn't happen anymore.. you've moved on, i've.. moved on. it was just a time in our lives, we were.. downbad, then covid, we were lonely.. things are different now."

"i know, i just- i don't know.."

"come here libby," daniel stood up, holding his arms out for the girl as she following his actions and got up. wrapping his arms around the girl as she buried her head into his chest. "if you think us being close will get in the way of you and charley or something, it won't.."

"we've never ruined each other's relationships, we're always supportive. things only ever happened between us when we were both single. just because i'm still single, i promise you that i'll never come in between you two."

"the same way you respected me two years ago when i was with franny and you were still single.." he continued to reassure her. "i love seeing you happy and charley does that for you. we're just best friends, who.. don't have any feelings for each other.. there's nothing to stress about.."

"okay.." she softly nodded.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
a week-ish between chapters
is becoming quite normal lol
my bad i'm still mentally
working this book out :)