▪︎ 26.

How'd you guys like the new cover and new title?

Hopefully enjoying the book so far!

Happy reading!

***

The cost of a cool entrance with a broken wand had dearly affected Ron's life.

Apparently, Malfoy – a second year Slytherin – had used a foul word against Hermione and Ron being the friend he was tried to curse the boy, but his wand had backfired at him. Now, at lunch, he puked two baby slugs, which had been cleaned with a wave of a wand.

"Should he go to Madam Pomfrey?" Eliza asked concerningly as he walked away from the Great Hall with a distasteful expression.

Soon, it was time for Halloween.

As always, it was packed with candles floating above their heads and bats flying aepund, some resting in the dark corners of the Great Hall.

The tables were full with Halloween specials. The feast was immaculate, and so was the entertainment. Dancing skeletons that creaked with every step.

Everyone was happily eating, Claire too much, because James and Penelope broke up for the second time and him confirming that they weren't going to get back ever again.

"She made a fuss about the whole thing, really, if she wasn't trying to control the way I behaved." James told.

They also saw snippets of Rehan-Oliver as well, seeing as the Gryffindor Captain was sitting beside Rehan.

"The Slytherins have so much better brooms. How will we even compete? The only person with a decent broom is Harry, but he can't make for six other players, can he?" Oliver jabbered on, boring everyone surrounding him.

"Eat your food, Oliver, or else I'll break your broom to the point where you can't even recognize that it's yours!" Rehan said.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "Pass me the rolls, will you? You wouldn't even know which ones my broom, by the way." He said.

Rehan raised a brow, "Are you challenging me?" He asked.

"Why not?" Oliver asked back.

"Fine, by the time you wake up tomorrow morning, your broom will be beside you." Rehan said coolly.

They busied themselves with chatter. It was nice to have a feast so lively. After all, the boring same routine in Hogwarts needed a break.

Students and Teachers loosened themselves. Professor Dumbledore was talking away with Professor Flitwick, who was chortling good-naturedly. Professor McGonagall and Professor Sinistra were also engaged in conversation, whereas Professor Snape looked nothing short than wanting to murder Professor Lockhart as he beamed, nudging Snape in the ribs as if they've been childhood friends.

Meanwhile, in the students' table, Fred and George successfully turned the colors of people's hair without them noticing throughout the hall. As slick as a snake, they flurried their wands at unsuspecting victims, turning and pretending like they were deep into the feast when the person would look around for the culprit. One of their victims was Ginny, who paled, forcing them to remove the charm off of her. Of course, in the spirit of things, no one with the power of punishment called them out, except for Percy, who was about to but stopped when Eliza forced him not to.

Much to their dislike, the feast had ended. Most of the sweets had gone, along with the main course and dessert. Their golden plates were wiped clean as they stood up, talking about the food that had just vanished.

Eliza walked out of the hall with Percy and Claire beside her. Claire was, as usual, having her friendly teasing about them, which was mainly affecting Percy. Eliza knew Claire was just trying to get a reaction.

Suddenly, they stopped, Claire bumping into the person in front of her and Percy holding Eliza's hand from running into the person ahead.

"What's going on?" Percy asked, craning his neck and trying to look. "Excuse me, will you please move, I'm a prefect!" He said, pushing through, with Eliza in tow and Claire right behind as they reached the front.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood there, frozen as they looked around the people who were quiet. It wasn't that the people stopped over. It was the dead cat – Mrs. Norris – hanging from a torch bracket.

"Look," Eliza whispered, pulling Percy's sleeve. "Look what's written behind."

"Wha—"

The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware.

It was written in blood.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" A shrill voice rang through the bated silence.

Eliza with Percy and Claire gasped. Mudblood was a foul word to call someone with Muggle parentage. Eliza would've never dreamed of calling anyone with such a name, seeing as one of her best friends was Muggle-born.

"What's going on here? What's going on? Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd.

He saw Mrs. Norris, dangling and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" He shrieked. Turning his eyes around, they fell on Harry.

"You!" He screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll—"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers accompanying him. He strode forward and took Mrs. Norris with him.

"Come with me, Argus," Dumbledore said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr.
Weasley, Miss Granger."

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"My office is nearest, Headmaster – just upstairs – please feel free—"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," Dumbledore said.

The silent crowd parted to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and
important, hurried after Dumbledore; so did Professors McGonagall
and Snape.

"Well, move along! Go back to your dormitories!" The Head Boy instructed. "Prefects! Take your students back to their houses!"

The Prefects sprung into action. Percy and Holly, along with the newer and older prefects of Gryffindor, led the crowd away.

People didn't have to be told twice. The blood written message clearly shook them as they hurried with groups, scared where they might be next in line after Filch's cat.

Once they came into the walls of the Gryffindor common room, everyone relaxed, and a bable about the incident broke out.

"Let's never go there." Percy said, pushing up his glasses.

Eliza smirked, "Why? Were you planning on something in the washroom?" She asked teasingly.

Percy turned to her, red but also in horror. "That – That is the girls' washroom!"

"So? It's Moaning Myrtle's washroom. No one ever goes there, so it's the perfect place, isn't it?" She said with a wink.

"Is Halloween jinxed or something?" James questioned loudly as he came in with Rehan. "Last year the troll, this year the Chamber of Secrets."

"What is the Chamber of Secrets?"

LIFELINE | 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮 𝙒𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara