MahiRohiRat ~ WC loss

A/n : Please don't read if you are sensitive to the WC loss (or don't complain)
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

It was the night of 19th November 2023.

A dreadful night.

The roads, the street lights everything joined inn the mourning of the loss. A dull atmosphere was built around with a billion people crying across the country.

No matter if it was an adult, a teen or a kid. The heartbreak was same for all of them.

"Kyunki emotions toh ek team se jude hue hai. Our men in blue💙"

Everyone was sad, but two people were there who were in a worse state than all the other billion.

Rohit and Virat.

Yet another time their dream crushed in front of their eyes as the Aussies lifted the cup again.

For Rohit the ODI World Cup was everything and none of it was any less for Virat.

Playing together all these years down the line with a single wish, a single dream intervined and etched in their hearts. Winning the world cup together.

And one person who could feel it all at the same intensity even after conquering the whole world, their Mahi bhai.

Rohit and Virat were sitting on the terrace, away from all. Neither did Rohit look at Ritika, nor did Virat met his eyes with Anushka.

They just couldn't.

None of them tried to stop their tears from flowing down that night.

"Why? Why us Ro?" Virat cried looking nowhere.

"Every damn time" Rohit replied with difficulty in between his sobs.

"It's the end. The end of everything. Almost even the end of our careers. With our dream remaining incomplete forever." Rohit weild.

"Please don't cry Ro. I won't be able to help you this time." Virat said with blood shot eyes.

"What will Mahi bhai think? That we are failures?"

Rohit punched on the wall in front which left his hand bleeding.

"Maybe. Coz we are failures." Virat punched the wall too.

Both of their hands bleeding and heart aching. The physical hurt was nothing in comparison of what was going inside them. It felt as if the world was ending.

"Who said my kiddos are failures?"

They looked backs and jumped on Mahi bhai who was just standing at a distance of few steps. Their force made the three of them stumble and land on the ground.

Rohit and Virat buried their heads on Mahi bhai and kept weeping.

"I am so proud of you kiddos."

Mahi bhai rubbed his hand on their backs.

"Why?"

"We lost the cup. We lost it."

"You didn't loose the World Cup. You just lost the finals."

"How is it any different bhai?" Rohit choked up.

"It is Ro. It is. You dominated the other 10 games and how. Think it has happened ever before in the history of World cup? I know not winning the CUP feels shattering."

"2019" The three of them muttered together.

"More now. We lost the finals." Virat bawled his eyes out.

Unsure of which pain is worse - the shock of what happened or the ache of what never will.

The three of them laid there for a while wondering.

"Look up." Mahi bhai said pointing towards the moon.

Their faces glistened under the moon light as the boys looked up.

"See just like the moon, you will go through phases,
Phases of light,
Phases of dark,
And everything in between.
And though you may not always appear with the same brightness,
You are always whole,
Not realising how many lives you are brightining under it,
The moon never knows what it is to the poet,
You don't know what you are to the billions of people."

"You are blessed with so many people around who would go to any extent to just see you be happy, be back."

Mahi bhai explained softly.

"Even your kiddos need you at this time my boys. It's their first time. They might be going through a lot too. Keep your head up, you didn't win this one cause maybe something better awaits you."

"What better Mahi bhai?!" Rohit yelled.

"You never know Ro. What is done is done now. Take a break and look at the weak points, improve it. Maybe it's time to look at the other ultime prize."

Mahi bhai calmed Rohit and Virat down half heartedly. Even he didn't knew how to cope up with such a loss, maybe no one knew. No one could.

Because if he carries it well, doesn't mean it's not heavy.

Rohit and Virat sat the complete night clinging onto their Mahi bhai, a small tint of hope visible in their eyes as the
first rays of Sun hit their face.

Maybe it was not the end. The sun will rise again. It will shine again. It will conquer over the world again. Yet there will be another set backs, but the only thing to make sure was there had to be a strong come back after it.

What's coming is better, than what's gone. It was their lesson, not their forever.

The three of them got up from there, checked the view one last time and turned their backs.

Sometimes you don't get closure,
You just try to move on.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Thank you WC 2023 for all the memories. You'll always be special."

A/n : Hope y'all liked this part. Express yourself in the comment section.

P.S. : Your author has bawled her eyes out while writing the update and doesn't have the guts to read it again and check. So please ignore mistakes, if any.

~Your author signing off