Chapter 20: WHATS GOING ON HERE!?

//Sprout's POV//
As I slowly opened my eyes, I noticed my mother standing in front of me. My eyes started pouring and I jumped out of bed.

"Mom! Im so happy to see you! Please don't ever leave again!"

She looks at me and laughs, confused.

"Son, what are you talking about? It's just been a night. Now you need to get ready, it's another day for you to be the deputy in Maretime Bay! Now, when you get home dinner will be in the fridge, I'll have a late mayoral meeting tonight so I won't be home till after that."

I stood there, astonished.

Does this mean that she never died? Was this all a dream or did I time travel? I have too many questions with nobody to answer them...

My mother waved her hoof in front of me to snap me back into reality

"Hurry and eat breakfast before you're late!"

I quickly ate breakfast and made my way to the office, where hitch was already inside.

"You're late sprout..." he said in a grumbly tone.

I approached his desk and apologized.
"Sorry babe... I just-"

Hitch blushed.
"BABE!? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?"

Looks like it was some form of time travel after all.

Before I could speak, he interrupted me.

"Look, I don't have time for your shenanigans. Just make sure that Sunny doesn't go anywhere near the presentation at Canterlogic. That should be easy enough for you."

I silently walked out of the building, and made my way to her house.

As I approached it, I waited outside for her to exit.
When she finally walked out of her front door, I approached her.

"Hey there, Watcha doing?"

"I'm going to make everything better Sprout! Ponies need to unite!"

"But, you are aware you've already done that, right?"

She looked at me, confused.
"What?"

"Look just hear me out okay? This has all happened before. I know exactly how things will play out if you go to that showcase today and you won't like it."

"But... how else can I make them listen?"

"Look, today a unicorn is going to visit our town and it's going to cause everyone to freak out. Hitch is going to try to arrest her and I'm supposed to help him. But I won't because I know how this all plays out."

"How do you know all this?"

"It's hard to explain but... wait..."

"What?"

"Where's that weird crystal your dad had?"

"The unity crystal?"

"Yeah. Put it in your bag and let's wait for Izzy. We have a LOT to discuss."

We both sat outside of her house for hours before suddenly our conversation was interrupted by screams of nearby citizens.

"HELP! UNICORN ATTACK!" Cried a bystander.

We both rushed into the center of town to see Izzy happily skipping through town, attempting to introduce herself to the townsfolk, only to met by their terrible, terrible screams.

Hitch had activated all of the unicorn traps, and eventually she was caught. Sunny began to approach the trap.

"Sunny, don't you dare. She is dangerous."
Sunny looked at him.

"Sprout told me that she's supposed to come here. She's not dangerous."

Hitch looks at me angrier than he ever had before, steam seemingly coming off of him.
"What's wrong with you?"
He begun to approach me untill I was backed up into a wall.

"I... look... this has happened before, you just gotta listen"
I said, shaking with fear.

He growled.
"Listen? How dare you ask ME that, YOU lazy BITCH!"
He jumped on top of me, swinging his hooves and hitting me wherever he could.

I screamed and cried in pain until some citizens eventually pulled him off of me. I then shakily stood up and ran over to Sunny.
"We need to leave, NOW!"

Sunny let Izzy out of the trap and the three of us ran into her lighthouse. Izzy and Sunny began chatting as I looked for something cold to put on my bruises.

Pretty soon, Hitch had arrived outside with a megaphone.
"All three of you need to come out, now!"
We all obviously declined this and snuck through the back door and began making our journey towards zephyr heights.

While all this was going on, I informed Izzy on what was going on.
"The only thing I don't understand is how things will play out differently now, because I had stayed in town and he went with you guys originally."

"Well I don't know any of you so it's no different for me!" Izzy said

"this is a LOT to process..." Sunny replied.

"We'll get through it together. That's what friends are for, right?" I said.

//stay tuned for the next part!//