" Okay, okay!" He said in an amused tone. " I'm listening, baby." 

" Would you like to go somewhere when we land?" She asked, her gaze met with his own. " We could have a moonlight flit."

" What's a moonlight flit?" He asked.

" It's something Secondo use to say, it's like prolonging our journey instead of going straight back to the Ministry." She said with a smile. " Secondo once took me on a moonlight flit when I first moved to Los Angeles, it was enlightening. We got Schnapps and pizza, then he took me to Hollywood Park Casino. He taught me how to play poker, he managed to sweet talk the dealer into free fries. It was a fun night, he wasn't such a bad Brother on the odd occasion."

" That's good to hear." He said.

" What would you say to getting a drive thru after we land?" She asked.

" Can we get some French fries?" He asked.

" Sure, it's still kind of like our vacation period." She said.

" And some garlic bread?" He asked.

" We'll have to go on a further detour, but I dont see it being a problem." She replied.

" Can we also go to the beach?" He asked.

" It's almost midnight, there won't be anybody at the beach." She said.

" That's the best part of a moonlight flit, yes?" He asked while he brushed the back of his hand against her cheek. " Me and you alone on a beach. The moonlight and stars, maybe a little somethin' somethin' on the seashore. Good thinking, yes?"

" Just like the old days on the backseat of your car with blankets and potato chips." She said while a smile graced her features. " I remember those nights very clearly. With the amount of sand I use to find in my shoes I could have made my own beach at the Ministry."

" Is that a yes?" He asked.

" I think a daytime visit to Venice Boardwalk sounds more appealing right now, there would be ice cream and hot dogs." She said, her gaze remainded on him. " We can get some fries on the way home, surely the Clergy chauffeur would let us have a little detour. Sister Imperator will be expecting us, the beach will have to wait until another weekend."

" Okay, cool." He said.

Albany pulled his hand away from her cheek, she planted a single kiss on his jawline before she sat down properly in her seat. Copia's mood seemed to have lightened due to the thoughts of getting some French fries and garlic bread, he had gotten drive thru many times after he had landed in Los Angeles from his worldwide tours. The seat belt light soon lit up, the pilot made an announcement about the aircraft would be landing shortly. Buckling up they prepared themselves for the landing, their little time away from the Ministry had now come to an end.

*********************

10th June 2022 - Venice Boardwalk, Los Angeles 

The next two weeks passed by quickly, the workload of the Clergy was taking it's toll on Copia. Endless meetings, paperwork and contract signing. He was exhausted from his daily activities, but he loved being Papa Emeritus IV. Mr Saltarian presence was being felt at the Ministry, he was spending more time with Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil. The last leg of the tour dates had been scheduled from the 26th of August until the 23rd of September. After that there would be no tour dates until 2023, it would give Copia the well earned rest he needed before the Clergy decided on the next faze of their world domination plan.

It was Friday afternoon, the day was pleasent and sunny. Albany and Copia had finished work early, they planned to get some coffee away from the Ministry. Copia had driven them to the Venice Boardwalk, they had spoken about visiting the coastal walk since the second part of the tour had ended. Papa Nihil was unaware of their location, he wouldn't be pleased if he had found out about their little afternoon getaway from the unholy church.