"We know all about what Martolli's done, Tony." Alexander paced the room uncertainly. "What we're tryna figure out now is what we're gonna do."

Anthony shook his head and took another step into the room. "No, my boy, you don't understand. I'm talking a long, long time ago. Back when Marco was still around."

"Val's daddy."

"That's right."

Anthony turned to face Silvio gravely. "I should have told you this years ago, but really, I was afraid. Martolli's a powerful man, as I'm sure you have guessed. But now that Val's life is in danger, I can it's time." He sighed, staring his brother in the eyes. "You may want to sit down for this."

Silvio and Alexander quickly settled themselves onto the couch, motioning for Anthony to join them.

Once seated, Anthony sighed and clasped his hands together. "I have known Sebastiano Martolli for a long, long time. In 1984, he worked as an undercover boss for a mob family relatively close in distance to ours. I learned to know him from you, Silvio, as you and Martolli started out as friends. Marco greatly disapproved of Silvio's friendship with the mobster, believing firmly that separate families should never work together. This caused an intense rivalry between Sebastiano Martolli and Marco Arlotti." Anthony paused wordlessly, causing Alexander to squirm and gently tap his uncle on the arm. "Then what, Tony?"

"In 1985, when Val was only twelve years old, his father Marco shot and killed Sebastiano Martolli's own."

"Oh my god. You're serious?" Alexander rubbed his nose with his hands. Silvio simply stared at his brother in bewilderment and horror.

"Why?" Silvio muttered almost inaudibly. "Marco musta had a reason to pull something like that."

"Apparently, Sebastiano, in his thirties at the time, had been trying to seduce Val's mother. Marco found out about this and made sure he put an end to it in the most effective way possible. I promised Marco I would speak a word of it to no one." Anthony smiled sadly, flicking his eyes up to meet Silvio's. "A promise I am currently breaking. Of course, Sebastiano figured out immediately who had done the killing. He vowed to avenge his father by killing Marco Arlotti himself, a vow he successfully carried out four years later. As many of you already knew, Val lost his father when he was sixteen. Nobody knew who killed him. Sure, people suspected Martolli, but the man fled before any accusations could be made."

"Are you telling me that Sebastiano Martolli is out to kill Val because their fathers hated each other? Val unknowingly consulted his father's killer." Alexander said softly. "Holy shit."

"That's basically it, my boy."

"And Val doesn't know Martolli killed his father."

"Nope. His father never even mentioned Martolli to Val."

"Holy fuck." Alexander and Silvio exchanged an astonished glance. "If only we'd known all this three weeks ago."

"I would have told you sooner," Anthony spoke earnestly. "I didn't even know Val was in this much trouble until last night, when Joey called me how much hot water Val was in. I sure as hell am glad he did."

"So am I, Tony," Silvio shot up from the couch and yanked out the seat cushion, reaching for his hidden revolver. "Now, let's you and I go find this Martolli sonovabitch and put him in his place for good."