III: que no salga la luna

Start from the beginning

"They're for my depression." She drily answered, making eye contact with Venetia, she was honest, at the end keeping a secret from her was impossible, she always found out.

"Oh... I just— I'm sorry, I thought..." Her face showed regret.

Ofelia swallowed loudly, "It doesn't matter, I think you should leave... I need to change... please." She replied softly.

"Ok, I'll see you at dinner." Venetia stood at the door silently observing her friend, she knew not the push her, Ofelia hid herself away when you would push her too much; she noticed her nervous mannerisms, Venetia felt as if she looked away from her her form would just vanish into thin air, "Ofelia?" She asked.

The tanned girl jumped dropping a dress from her hands, turning around, she thought she had left already, "Yes?" She played with her fingernails, "I'm happy you came, thank you." Venetia said in a small voice, her eyes showing a mix of emotions.

"I'm happy I came too." Ofelia nodded to herself, forcing those words out of her mouth, biting her lip.

Venetia softly smiled at her, after everything her friend has gone through there was something pure and wanting to please people she loved, because she knew she was lying, Ofelia tended to bite her lips when she told a lie.

˖ 。࣪ 𓇬 ˚. 𓇢𓆸 .˚ 𓇬。࣪ ˖

Oliver tried his best to pay attention to whatever Pamela was talking him about, but he kept anxiously looking at the empty chair between her and Farleigh; he tried to make eye contact with Felix who only smiled at him grimacing at whatever about her Russian lover she kept ranting about.

He wondered who was late for dinner or why the empty seat was intended for.

Suddenly the door to the dinning room opens, every chat stops, Ofelia steps in, awkwardly closing the door behind her, before she could apologize about her delay, Felix stands up abruptly silverware screeching against his plate, "What are you doing here?" He asked with a surprised expression, his face draining off color.

"Felix, darling, sit down. Me and your sister invited her, we thought it would be lovely she spend the summer here with us." Elspeth expressed directing with her hand to Felix to sit, who did begrudgingly. Ofelia who still stood at the door avoiding his gaze, walked forward when she saw Venetia pointing to the sit in front of her.

The tension could be cut with a knife, when she finally sat and proceeded to move the food around on her plate the conversations around kept going, she felt some doe eyes staring her across the table.

Farleigh leaned next to her, whispering to her ear "Oh, you're so bold to be here, and in a black sheer dress. Who do you think you are?" Ofelia looked at him surprised, opening her mouth to respond, "I love it though, I'm glad Venetia invited you." Stamping a sweet kiss in her left cheek, and smiling cheekily at her, he continued eating his food.

Somebody across the room let out a deep groan. See, Farleigh loved to piss Felix off, and what better way to do it that with his sweet ex girlfriend.

Ofelia's cheeks got red as she made eye contact with Venetia across the table, who only giggled to herself and winked at her friend.