II: ophelia & hamlet

Doubt thou, the stars are fire,
Doubt, that the sun doth move,

Doubt thou, the stars are fire,Doubt, that the sun doth move,

_____________________________

𝕺h Ofelia, the many nights I have witnessed him crying in front of me talking incoherently about you with a few drinks in.

The way his eyes will glaze over and shine with tears as he spoke of you as a dream, a dream that fade away as he kissed and devoured somebody's mouth. If he was begging and lamenting on his knees a year past by for you to come back, it must have mean you were worth a thousand stars, and as everything I craved from him, I wanted you and craved you too.

As the year went by and I molded myself as the idea he perceived of me, I longed to see you once, to get a glimpse of your soul.

I gathered all the information I knew about you that warm night at the bridge, he was so enchanted by you that he didn't hesitate spilling his heart about you; dead parents, alone, dead lover, a humble background in which you exceeded academically against all odds. He wished he could see you again but you almost put a restriction order against him; it broke his heart how much he broke yours.

He invited me to Saltburn but before the summer came by...

I knew I had to meet you.

While I watched you from afar, I studied the way you carried yourself, I believed him, he didn't lie, you were a breath of air for a drowning man in a sea, a siren luring everyone around you, you were a magnificent creature.

I questioned myself as I watched you, was I in love with you?
Or with the idea I have of you?
Was it because Felix loved you and I wanted everything he had?

I did loved you
I loved you
I loved you, without meeting you.

As your doe eyes gazed at me from afar for a few seconds without any awareness, I knew in that moment that you and I were meant to be, I knew if you knew me any memory you had of him will fade away, but for that to even come to fruition you were to meet him again and then I will get rid of him so we could be finally together, for eternity.

Little did I know it would be more complicated than I imagined.

You were still in love with him and you were ready to gave up your life for him even if it meant he would live, but you won't.

Oh Ofelia, the first time I watched you cry as I was the cause of it, I loved it, the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach made me crave more for it, I wanted to make you emit those sounds from your mouth again, and it didn't matter if they were of pleasure or pain.

I'm deeply sorry for all the trouble I've caused you, but a man like me craving flesh and bones like yours, couldn't help himself.

Oh dear Ofelia, how I wish I was you, to be inside you, to taste you and to devour you whole.

I loved you,
I really did,
In my own twisted way.

Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love.

_____________________________

Please 🩷 and comment

thank you for 3K reads! :)

me writing this from oli's pov:

-Eve