I: apollo & daphne

Her beauty overtook his mind,
He thought she was his for certain,
Evermore his conquered love!

Her beauty overtook his mind,He thought she was his for certain,Evermore his conquered love!

_____________________________

𝕿here was a before and after for Ofelia when she met Felix.

By destiny, meaning Venetia, studying in London in the Central Saint Martins together, and meeting her at one of her lowest point in life; they became each others emotional supporters, in a career where creativity died the moment you entered the real world, fashion design.

It was not until their first year fashion show collection where Felix was present in the crowd supporting her sister that he met the most beautiful creature with bleach blonde hair, big doe eyes and chopped bangs he encountered, Ofelia.

The indifference with which she treated him and the world that surrounded him and Venetia made him dizzy and intrigued, the passion she portrayed through her hard-work and coming from a humble background.
Oh the kiss tattoo she had in her right shoulder, god, and her soft curves; he wanted to consume and bathe with such energy she presented herself with, perhaps that way he would find a purpose for his life.

But Ofelia was not daft, she knew everything about him already, and how he saw girls and relationships as something to conquer to later throw away when it got boring; Venetia made sure to warn her about his brother with the doe eyes.

Love was her own enemy, disgusted
By it she protested, she decided
Never would she fall in love.

Love was her own enemy, disgustedBy it she protested, she decidedNever would she fall in love

˖  。࣪  𓇬 ˚. 𓇢𓆸 .˚ 𓇬。࣪  ˖

Felix for once had ambition, he craved replaying the feeling he had with Ofelia just by engaging with her, through other bodies, it was never enough so he started to visit his sister in London, more often in weekends.

Despite of it, and her love history being reduced to a traumatic and hard experience as the one girl she ever loved so much, ended up killing herself in their shared room.

Ofelia fell into his warm arms, one drunk night while he held her hair while vomiting; she beared her soul to him, she mentioned the golden haired girl with blue eyes, whose mind was so broken that her love for her couldn't even save her, Juliet.

While he gently wiped the vomit from her mouth and told her how she even looked the prettiest girl in the world, she confessed how she was afraid of never being good enough anyone, and in return Felix confessed his feelings for her and how he was scared of how she saw right through him, like she knew everything that needed to be deciphered about him already, he thought that maybe there was a red thread destined to keep them near each other, as dramatic as it sounded.

For the next year the lovers felt like walking constantly on a cloud, going everywhere together, crying and laughing together, despite Venetia's and Farleigh's disapprovals.

Felix fit into her life like a missing puzzle, he was the biggest admirer of her work, even helping her sometimes as a model despite his height and lack of fashion sense, they always found time for each other even through the distance of the cities; for once she hoped and prayed every night while her arms embraced her that the curse would not follow her, she genuinely wanted to be with him forever, he keep her grounded and made everything feel real.

Ofelia was the anchor that he needed to keep him sane and not let himself drown in dark thoughts, drifting to the waves, she made him run away from such a boring reality, and hope that maybe, just maybe, after graduating he could disappear and live in a remote quiet place with her, to keep her guarded and safe of the hardships of this dark world.

Not as quickly as Felix wished, she fell for him; their bodies and souls intertwined, cupid had cemented their fates, and they fucked and loved each other that summer in Saltburn, whispering sweet nothings to her through the summer nights in their bedsheets and giving her empty promises in the deep maze while Felix fantasized about their future together while he made her see stars, quite literally.

And as it felt like reaching the sun with their fingertips to later being burn by his rays, and crash land into the earth; Ofelia's curse followed her once again.

In a few simple words, he got caught cheating on her.

That made Ofelia disappear from the Catton's radar for a year.

But a place like Saltburn... it was inevitable to be avoided forever.

_____________________________

Please comment and ❣️

I GAGGED MYSELF WITH THAT ENDING NGL, istg im gonna start updating more frequently. At least until chapter 3 the characters are not gonna follow the movie plot hehe.
Thank you for 2K reads, mwah

Ofelia only deserves good things :(

-Eve