George could make out Dream and Sapnap lying to his right. Both of them were snoring. Sapnap was wrapped around Dream's torso. George turned his attention to his new companions. He couldn't see either of them, but he heard one of them crying.

Emotions were going to be the thing that got them killed. Their emotions almost got him exploded, because he wanted them to have closure. He was foolish. They needed to get their emotions under control if they wanted to make it to Boston. George stood up and walked over to the edge of the storage shelf they were sleeping on.

The brunette backed up and ran to the shelf. He pushed off and reached his hand. He smiled when he felt the cold metal edge in his palm. It wasn't much work to grab it with his right hand and pull himself up.

Right when he was recovering from being shot, there wasn't always an abandoned building lying around. For his first week, Sapnap would help him climb up into a tree and secure himself on a fork so he wouldn't roll over and fall to his death in his sleep. He would have to climb buildings with a broken leg.

At the thought of his leg, he felt the painful ache coming back to him. He needed a new makeshift brace. That was for later. When everyone was awake. George was sitting on the edge of the platform.

He felt his walls slightly break down when he saw the one with blue eyes curled into a ball holding back his sobs. He was holding onto the jacket Wilbur was wearing. His little hands were trembling.

He would let them cry now while they were safe. They needed to get this all out before it affected them too much. George scooted next to the boy. He still can't remember his name. George slowly placed his hand on the boy's back. He started the poor thing.

His blue eyes shot up and stared at George. He had tears running down his face. He looked like a sad dog. George reminded himself that he didn't care about the kid's emotions. He was doing this out of survival.

He slowly rubbed the boy's back in circles trying to provide some form of comfort. The blonde slouched down in defeat. His sobs were slowing down as he tried to control them.

He turned to look at George again. His face was void of any emotion. George gave him a comforting smile and wiped the tears off of his face. Once he was done, the blonde threw his arms around the older man. Their names are Tommy and Tubbo. They'll listen to you. This one must be Tommy. He holds the most resemblance to Wilbur. George let the boy curl up in his lap and cry his heart out. He cried until he fell asleep on George's shoulder.

George let a smile grace his face when the one with brown hair and green eyes stood up and sat down on the right side of George. He leaned into George's side and relaxed when George wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

He needed the boys to trust him. If they ever hesitated to listen to him, they will meet their demise. He needs their full trust and loyalty. He wasn't going to allow himself to become soft either. He stayed awake until dawn holding the teens.

______________________

Dream woke up startled. He was met with a horrific sight. He was cuddling Sapnap all night. He thought it was George. He should've known from the smell. Sapnap's head was lying on his chest with his arms wrapped around Dream.

The blonde sighed as he squirmed out of Sapnap's iron grip. He rolled over to be met with an empty sleeping bag. George was gone again, and the sun wasn't even up yet. It was probably around six in the morning. It was a bad time to be out in the open.

Zombies were always more active at night. Clickers would wander around outside. There was a reason he and Sapnap always made it back to camp before the sun went down. Nighttime was suicide.