River Pe Dinner

"Chal na jaldi.. aaj kuch River pe dinner type kuch hai" 

(Hurry up..we've to go to something called Dinner on the river)

 Ishan tried to hurry Shubman along. They were going out for dinner which was their usual style when traveling abroad. They loved exploring new places and cuisine. It also helped that they enjoyed each other's company so every outing was memorable and more importantly fun.

"River pe dinner?"

(Dinner on the river?)

"Arrey reservation karte waqt us aurat ne yehi kaha tha"

(That's what the lady told me while making the reservation)

"Acha ye bhi sahi. Menu tho bohot sahi lag raha hai.. chal nikalte hai"

(That sounds good too..the menu looks good.. let's go)

It was only when they reached the location that they realized, it wasn't a restaurant reservation but one for a river cruise that included dinner.

"Tu mujhe cruise pe le jaa raha hai. Bataya nahi .. tere aise arman bhi hai" 

(You're taking me on a cruise and didn't let me know ..that you've such desires)

How could Shubman miss an opportunity to pull his bestie's leg? That would be against some international best friend code, surely?

"Haan tujhe river mein fek ke wapas bhi jaana tha mujhe"

(Yeah I had to push you into the river and go back as well)

Ishan wasn't amused. The cruise was almost 3 hours long. It was not like they could finish dinner and walk out as they pleased.

"Cancel kare kya"

(Should we cancel?)

"Udhar likha hai, no cancellation"

(It says there no cancellation)

"Haan tho hume zabaradasti tho nahi uttake le jayenge na"

(It's not like they'll forcefully take us away)

"Kitne paise diye the" (How much did you pay) Shubman was amused. He knew there was no way they'd cancel. It was an expensive reservation and despite not being a penny pincher Ishan hated wasting money.

Ishan looked at it, not at all amused, knowing exactly why Shubman had asked the question.

"Chal nadi ki savari karte hai" 

(Come lets do a river safari)

Ishan sighed.

They were ushered in without much fanfare. They were pointed to their table and even Shubman had a double take. It was clearly a set up for a romantic date. They sat there looking around. The rest were all couples of all ages and persuasions. Them, in their matching black outfits fit right in. A middle aged couple, both men, caught their eye. They raised their champagne glasses at Ishan and Shubman. They reciprocated, giving them their best smiles.

"Ok so officially we're on a date" Ishan said raising his glass to Shubman

"Date pe Lana hi tha.. tho seedhe batate aise ghooma phirake kyun kiya"

(you could've just told me if you wanted to take me on a date, why go through all the hassle)

"Saale.. champagne muh pe phekoonga jyaada bakwas ki tho"